Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lemon curd and lemon cheese  (Read 3257 times)

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
Lemon curd and lemon cheese
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:37:24 pm »
evening all

Firstly, does anyone know the difference between lemon curd and lemon cheese - as far as I can make out online there doesnt seem to be one. Proper lemon curd I have bought in the past seems to be creamier or softer - not really sure how to explain it.  :-\

Secondly, does anyone have a good recipe for lemon cheese?   ;D  :P :P

Cheers

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Lemon curd and lemon cheese
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »
I think they are the same.  Sorry, don't have a recipe as I rarely make it nowadays adn when I did it was in the microwave.  Not allowed in my diet now - far too many calories!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »
I make lemon curd and it is moreish
3oz unsalted butter
3 lemons
8oz granulated sugar
3 eggs
Put the butter, finely grated rind and juice of the lemons with the sugar into a double boiler (bowl over a pan of hot water).Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Whisk eggs in a seperate bowl, strain lemon mixture into the the eggs and stir constantly over the hot water until mixture is like custard - takes about 15 mins
pour into warmed jars and seal - the curd will last for about 3 months if kept in a cool place but mine never last that long. 

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »
I love  Lemon curd, now I know why I have not made it for ages!!! Yummmmmmmmmm

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:51:46 pm »
My favourite, ever since I was little, ,is lemon curd and Philadelphia sandwiches.  ;D

Cheesecake in a sandwich. Mmmmmmmm ;) :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS