Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TAS testers wanted  (Read 34239 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: TAS testers wanted
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »
Why would you consider it 'stirring' to point something out?

Re my quote above - it's called a sense of humour Dan - didn't your wife rosemary once tell me to get one? I didn't get too upset at that although it was rude, as was her 'French pee in holes' post (that one was both rude and racist, but I digress).

You've sung this song before:
Quote from: OhLaLa
I get the impression you hope to sell this website in due course?

I dunno - just my twopenneth.

But never responded when asked why you thought that.

If you've got something to say, say it. Otherwise you are just stirring.   ::)

Dan
Firstly, it was you that pointed out you were stirring it. As my old ma used to say, it's not what you say, it's the way that it's said.

Secondly, you DO have a long memory and bear a grudge. As I recall, I apologised for that particular comment (If I didn't, I certainly should have).

Thirdly, it was YOU who did not respond when Dan asked you why you expressed the thought that we were "going to sell the website in due course" (Just your twopenneth though)

Finally, yes, you are helpful, kind and just the sort of member we all appreciate on TAS - I just don't get the snide remarks about the website.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:36:44 pm by Dan »

deepinthewoods

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »
even if it is sold, in the words of the anti nowhere league

'so what'

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:59 pm »
We couldn't sell it - I'd miss all these robust exchanges of view  ;D

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:55 pm »
Do I have to be making a point? I'm just explaining to some folks how these things work, why is that a problem for you.

It's puzzling because this is a thread about testing the new website, and out of nowhere you introduced the subject of advertising.

The implication was we are adding a Facebook button to the website to make money. Or did it just pop into your head to explain to us all how the world of advertising works?

Why would you consider it 'stirring' to point something out?

Err, because you said it was.

Re my quote above - it's called a sense of humour Dan - didn't your wife rosemary once tell me to get one? I didn't get too upset at that although it was rude, as was her 'French pee in holes' post (that one was both rude and racist, but I digress).

I've no idea about that, Rosemary is big enough to look after herself.

Actually you did respond. Are we not allowed to ask a simple question? This forum would have few posts if we didn't.

Err, it was you who didn't respond. Just like here, you introduced a topic that had nothing to do with the discussion at hand, but could be read as implying other motives for us improving the website than just liking to help people.

And I am 'saying it' isn't that why you are so offended? Although I can't see why.

I'm not offended in the least. I just can't work out why you've popped up twice in threads about the development of the website, introduced subjects and then backed away from them.

To sum up, I'm knowledgeable, kind and very helpful on this forum. I take the time and effort to try and help folks who need my help.

You are, and it's very much appreciated.

And for this I get Sh*t thrown at me. Thanks.

No one's throwing sh*t at you.

You brought up a subject, I responded. If you want us to have a discussion about advertising let's have that discussion. If not, why bring it up?  ???

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 09:02:06 pm »
This is very tiresome, however you guys clearly get upset if I don't reply so in response:

Firstly, re the wooden spoon joke - I suspected you might not want me to mention hits = revenue (and I have been proved so right), hence my making light of it with a gag. At the end of the day this website is a business. Not everyone knows how websites are run with regard to getting the money in, is it really such a big deal for me to say. Yes it did just 'pop into my head' to mention it, is that a problem too. And at what point did I say I wanted a discussion about advertising (yawn). None. It was a comment.

Secondly, why do I have to reply back again when I asked if you were going to sell the website in due course? What more was there for me to add. It was a simple question, I can't see anymore in it than that, even if you can.

even if it is sold, in the words of the anti nowhere league
'so what'
Exactly.

Thirdly the 'twopenneth' phrase seems to have really got your back up. It's pointless to even try to justify that one, it's just a saying; 'my twopenneth for what it's worth'.

Snide remarks: If you want to take my comments that way so be it. I just see how things come across on the Internet and I've merely commented on them.

Now you are saying it's off topic but you complain if I don't respond. I can't win. Threads do run off topic from time to time and this is one of them.

Pick this response off sentence by sentence too if you want, but for me I think this has been covered quite thoroughly thank you.

Time out boys and girls.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:12 pm »
I suspected you might not want me to mention hits = revenue (and I have been proved so right)

Please stop projecting.  ::)

I keep trying to discuss hits = revenue (or advertising, same thing) and you keep avoiding the subject. Why raise it if you don't want to discuss it?  ???

for me I think this has been covered quite thoroughly thank you.

You're welcome.   :)

Time out boys and girls.

No problem.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:18:50 pm by Dan »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 11:01:50 pm »
<<I have only just found this discussion hidden away in 'TAS testers wanted' - I think it's something which everyone should have the opportunity to discuss.

Describing it as "hidden away" seems to suggest that we're trying to keep something from you, and I hope that's not what you think. Everyone does have the opportunity to discuss it, here, where it's no more hidden away than any post on the forum.>>

Everyone seems a bit oversensitive today.  No, that's not what I meant at all Dan, just that the subject matter has moved a bit sideways, as it does, and many people won't realise what is being discussed just by reading the subject line.  I didn't look before because I didn't want to be a 'TAS tester', but when I did look I found that the subject was something I am interested in.  My point is that others may be missing out too on the discussion.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:53 am »
Everyone seems a bit oversensitive today.  No, that's not what I meant at all Dan, just that the subject matter has moved a bit sideways, as it does, and many people won't realise what is being discussed just by reading the subject line.  I didn't look before because I didn't want to be a 'TAS tester', but when I did look I found that the subject was something I am interested in.  My point is that others may be missing out too on the discussion.

Sorry, you're right, need a holiday!  :)

Sally has kindly added a bit to the new website thread where this can be discussed.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:41 am »
 8) :)

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »
Who cares if Dan and Rosemary get paid for the site, they deserve to in my opinion!  Why do some people think they have ulterior motives?  Last time I looked it was a free country and people could choose what they read, looked at, listened to, shared, contributed to etc.  This is a very helpful, informative, mostly friendly, and FREE resource for ANYONE to access as it is in the public domain.  It is not a secret society.  We must take responsibility for our own privacy and security as well as what we say to others on a public forum. 

Keep up the good work Dan and Rosemary  :trophy:

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 07:13:04 pm »
Thank you to all of those who visited the test site and sent us your feedback.  :bouquet:

It was very helpful indeed, quite a number of things that were broken are now fixed or in the process of being fixed.  :)

The test site will remain accessible until some time on Sunday, so feel free to keep digging and sending reports.

Dan   :farmer:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 12:04:03 am »
I'm not a tester, but all my 'w's seem to have a bit missing - is that me or you?

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 07:58:53 am »
I'm not a tester, but all my 'w's seem to have a bit missing - is that me or you?

Can you elaborate please? All my 'w's look fine, but I'm not looking at your screen.  :)

If you're seeing something odd please post a screen shot.

Thanks,

Dan

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56:44 am »
Um...how do I post a screen shot?  What I am seeing is the middle of the 'w' much paler than the rest of the print - not when I'm typing it, not in quotes, not in URLs, just the messages themselves. If yours is fine then presumably it's my screen which has the problem? Does anyone else see this?  I will consult with my OH who might have some more ideas.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:59:54 am by Fleecewife »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 01:46:02 pm »
My "w"s are fine  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS