Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 3280 times)

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
I have just notices a label "karma" at the side of my posts.

What is this for? Mine is showing as 0.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

HappyHippy

Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:35:04 pm »
It's so's people can thank or boo you - showing how nice, friendly and informative you are or how not so nice if you get boo'd (and a negative number) Dan's put a post in the announcements section about it  ;)
HTH
Karen x

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:41:26 pm »
just worked this out myself by thanking and booing him three times oops!

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:44:11 pm »
just worked this out myself by thanking and booing him three times oops!

Make your mind up, I can take it. :D

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:46:12 pm »
lol i'm clueless!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:23:53 am »
Thanks for clearing this one up, I was a bit puzzled, too  ;D ;D :&>

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:43:50 am »
I hadn't a clue what this was about, my understanding of karma is slightly different and you don't want to collect it!!

I notice it's now changed to monitor thanks, for particularly helpful advice presumably - support that in principle tho I tend to assume anyone on here will be helpful as far as they can be and I'm not sure I would want helpfulness rated as folk might get inundated or feel unappreciated..  Is it a necessary part of the board to have some kind of popularity rating system or couldn't we all just be who we are without the pressure of others perceptions of us?

Sorry if this comes across negative, just a personal belief in not rating anyone better than anyone else cos we're all helpful at times, unhelpful at others, and know lots/enough/nothing about various subjects that might be discussed.. ;)

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:36:12 am »
ellied  I agree with all your centiments, exactly my thoughts and tried to put that in the other Karma thread, it certainly puts me off and it reminds me of the old school tradition of Merit marks etc, some people get piles and it can upset thouse who haven't got piles ::)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 11:41:40 am »
Oh Sandy, I can't stand the merits system at my children's school. some children actually get 10 merits for turning up or being good, yet my girls go to school every day and are not really naughty and don't get a daily reward for that. Sorry, gone of topic a bit there but it struck a chord lol.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:53:47 am »
I hadn't a clue what this was about, my understanding of karma is slightly different and you don't want to collect it!!

I notice it's now changed to monitor thanks, for particularly helpful advice presumably - support that in principle tho I tend to assume anyone on here will be helpful as far as they can be and I'm not sure I would want helpfulness rated as folk might get inundated or feel unappreciated..  Is it a necessary part of the board to have some kind of popularity rating system or couldn't we all just be who we are without the pressure of others perceptions of us?

Sorry if this comes across negative, just a personal belief in not rating anyone better than anyone else cos we're all helpful at times, unhelpful at others, and know lots/enough/nothing about various subjects that might be discussed.. ;)

I agree with you ellied.    I rather feel as if I'm being judged and also feel a bit uncomfortable about it  :-\

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 01:21:02 pm »
I worked in education for years and saw it all the time, children that are no trouble get nothing, the ones that are disruptive always get rewarded and the few at the top as its easy for them, my three girls used to comment on how it was the bad ones in thier classes that got everything in the way or rewards, I remember them clearly being upset by that, same goes for this sort of thing, if you regularly offend people then say something funny or nice, everyone thinks, thank goodness as they made me feel angry now thats OK.

In some way, it would be far better in all situations, to reward the person who is affected, eg, I often read posts that lift me or touch me in some way as well as being helpful (loads of helpful stuff on here) then I would like to make myself have a big smile and in reverse, if some one makes me angry, an angry face, the redder the madder or a sad face for the sad stories we get, that way anyone who posts who is angry can discuss thier reasons and also people feeling sad, although sometimes sad can be a part of life like loosing pets etc. Basicaly, if people are made to feel, happy, sad, upset, worried etc, it should show on thier posts rather than the person posting getting the notification. It could be put in as part of the message icon!!! THis morning I am cold so need a blue one and also worried about finances.....well thats my penny worth!!! :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-\ :-* :'(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS