Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Re-home a Wyandotte cockerel?  (Read 2255 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re-home a Wyandotte cockerel?
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:58:29 pm »
My friend desperately needs to rehome her beautiful Wyandotte (possibly a cross she thinks, but looks Wyandotte!)

He and his girls were (last year) harrassed by a loose dog - Mr Cockerel was injured while protecting his girls and went missing for a few days.
He is now scared of, and aggressive to dogs, meaning that my friend fears for her Boxer, as Mr C is trying to go for her eyes.

He is in his second year, developing spurs, and is abit of ladies man, all told!

He is near Chesterfield, Derbyshire

(We're not allowed to have him, in case we eat him!!  He needs a loving home she insists, not the pot!)

PM me if you can help, thanks for reading
 :wave:
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Re-home a Wyandotte cockerel?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »
Your friend has you weighed up .....I tell you what to do.  Say you are rehoming it with me - then you have it ......or would you have a guilty look next time you see her!!

You can have a couple of my larger boys - and I have no objection to you eating them.......in fact, you are welcome to the lot and put them in the freezer, they would keep you going ages!!!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 08:31:57 am »
sounds like he'd be good protecting hens from the fox then.

LOL at your friend not letting you have him little blue, that's funny  ;D  can see you chasing him with the paxo.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:07:06 am »
you've got me all wrong!! Its not that I want him to eat him... just that I am prepared to eat our surplus boys, and when I told her she said she couldnt do it!
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »
Ahhh! well I couldtn' have eaten coco because he was such a character (and eloise's pet!) but I think if you are in the right mindset from the off when you hatch chickens and know that some could well be surplus boys, then it must be easier to do
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:58:27 pm »
thats what I tell myself!
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS