Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: SHETLAND GELDING NEEDS GOOD HOME!  (Read 8377 times)

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
SHETLAND GELDING NEEDS GOOD HOME!
« on: March 25, 2011, 03:36:33 pm »
WE ARE RE HOMING A SHETTY GELDING 6 YRS OLD FOR A FRIEND,SHE WANTS ABOUT £250 FOR HIM BUT TOP HOME IS PRIOROTY FOR HIM........HE IS VERY SWEET,GOOD TO HANDLE AND HAS A VERY LONG MANE AND FORLOCK!! ;D .HAS HAD CHILDREN RIDE ON HIS BACK BUT NOT BROKEN IN !,WOULD MAKE A GREAT DRIVING PONY I THINK.VERY HANDSOME AND FRIENDLY,IF I HAD ROOM I WOULD KEEP HIM.. :-\ HE HAS LIVED WITH US FOR A YEAR AS HIS OWNER WAS IN IRELAND AT UNI SO WE HAD HIM FOR A YEARS HOLIDAY ;D , BUT NOW SHE CAN NOT AFFORD HIM AND IS GUTTED ABOUT IT,LIKE I SAID A GOOD HOME IS PRIOROTY FOR THIS LOVELY LAD.X.

HIS NAME IS WILSON,HE IS VACCS UP TO DATE AND PASSPORTED WITH i.m.h.p.s
'can't rain all the time!'

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: SHETLAND GELDING NEEDS GOOD HOME!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 01:56:07 pm »
good luck. they have panned in price. have a look on dragon driving for a reasonable price. if you really need to get rid the shetland pony rescue may take him.
we have been trying to sell a couple of colts for two years now without luck.

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 02:12:29 pm »
i know prices are pants at the moment for colts in particular...we're not desperate atall so will wait for the right home..got someone coming this week to see him,£250 round here is about right for a gelding going by sold ones on the local net.colts on the other hand are free and still not taken! im gutted as i paid £500 for a mini spotted colt foal last november an he's not really turning out as i hoped but id be luck to sell him for £100 these days so he'll stay and we'll see what he's like as a yearling..could be a late developer..lol.. ;D..to quiet and not coltish..just doesnt have much about him if you know what i mean ??? :P

wilson is a cracking gelding though so i hope he goes to a good family :)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 03:31:34 pm »
just looked at you website. some very cute ponies. i take it that the spotted ones are not shetlands but on the spotted ponies. i would love them but the daughter is a purest. i even fancy trying dartmoors but i think it would be cruel to make them travel so far.
good luck with find him a new home.
molly is starting to bag up. so it should be soon.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »
Fancy trading some saddleback piglets for him? I'm looking for a companion for my old pony as he stress when parted from my horse so hacking out is proving challenging. He hates to be left alone. Just a thought  ;D ;D ;D

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »
you can have one or more of our if you pay the transport costs.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »
Humm that might be a tad expensive Paul thanks for the offer tho  ;D ;D

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:05 pm »
a snip at 5 or 6 hundred.

rbarlo32

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:20 am »
Dad both of your posted aren't true.  I would have spotted ponies (just wouldn't breed them with my shetlands) but some one won't let me get any more ponies :(.
And it doesn't cost £500-£600 to transport them to get molly it cost £350 because it was of the beaten track.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 04:31:38 pm »
Dad both of your posted aren't true.  I would have spotted ponies (just wouldn't breed them with my shetlands) but some one won't let me get any more ponies :(.
And it doesn't cost £500-£600 to transport them to get molly it cost £350 because it was of the beaten track.
[/quote Am I reading this right?  You are Paul's daughter and you are having a domestic? ??? ??? ???
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »
Yup sounds like it lol! ;D

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 07:09:39 am »
Have you a mini Molly yet Rachel?

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 08:57:20 am »
no rachel does not. Molly is waiting until ts nice and warm we hope. it also helps as we are still pouring concreate to make the byre into a stable.
yup she is the daughter. A very bossy teenager too!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 09:46:31 am »
Nurture her well, Paul  ;D  I had two of those (bossy teenagers), ::) Sarah and Donald are now my very best friends  :love:- any time they do anything for me I'm not allowed to give them anything in return. ::)  They say  'pay back time, Mum!' ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:26 pm »
wilson found a great home for life within days so we are really pleased and only 30 mins away!!

yes the spotteds are just that 'miniature spotted ponies' not shetlands..i used to have reg shetties but as i dwindled numbers down i sold off the reg stock and kept my favirote 2 mares and as it happened they were unreg and then im trying to go the spotted way forward,these seem to still get a reasonable price as long as the quality is there! This is why i spent a reasonable amount on my colt from a well known breeder 'FOLDHOUSE STUD' in derbyshire,sheila's such a lovely lady aswell. :horse:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS