Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's on your Christmas list?  (Read 14510 times)

sandy

Re: What's on your Christmas list?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 04:41:44 pm »
I think my total makeover would come to muchmore than £30 and like you, I realy miss my three daughters thier partners and my 5 grandchildren, it's the only downside to living so far away, my eldest is in Austrailia with her two daughters I last saw them two years ago, they are staying with me for next Christmas so something great to look forward to, this year I will stay with my other two daughters and my three grandchildren in Leicestershire, one dughter keeps lot's of animals and I expect to be sampleing some of her home grown pork....I would love them all to live near me hear as at the moment, I enjoy Scotland too much to move back into suberbia!!!
Sandy

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »
What I'd love most for Christmas is to spend it with my sister. She's in Southport with her husband, two sons and five granchildren now but since she got married in 1967, she's never had Christmas here. Our Dad was always sad about that, 'cos he never got to see his grandsons on Christmas morning.

If I could afford it, I'd love to rent a big house somewhere in between us so that Dand's family and mine could have Christmas together.

Of course, it could all turn into a huge barney and we'd never speak to each other again, so maybe its better being a dream.

sandy

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 09:54:45 pm »
One year for Christmas I rented a big house in Devon and had all families together and it was great, we all put money in for food although I tood a fair bit with us and paid for the accomadation which was costly, then we all went to the supermarket and bought the necessary food and all had our cooking tasks which worked out very well, men made Christmas Breakfast and girls christmas lunch and NO arguments, we decorated the house with decorations we made from paper, ie paper chains etc and cut some greenery and a small tree, my partner and son in law went shooting and bagged a minute duck that we had trouble dividing and my daughter and her husband went mountain biking, we had a huge scale electric that we played on plus a male room where they could smoke things"""" and a nice female room for chat, mags, babies to play and childrens films, the whole thing was great as the house was everyones and we did have a brilliant time, I realy recomend it but it is costly. I did the same in the summer a couple of times when we cooked home caught fish etc  but then I ran out of money, my idea for this house was to do the same, in the future I will as I love the local area...roll on that day.
Sandy

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
Just like to say a big thankyou to rosemary and dan, weve found the forum most helpful during the year with a wealth of information on here, merry xmas to all the regular contributers and newbies....neil ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 12:15:20 am »
Hear, Hear.  Another good thing they've done is start up the local small holders association with the other main men and women, Andrew & Janis, Carol and Graham, and all the rest of them.  I've been made most welcome since moving down to the Central Belt in April from the Frozen North.  This forum and all of you have contributed to my feeling of having 'come home'.  Thank you everyone.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 11:36:38 am »
I completely agree. Well worth turning the computer on for. All have a good Christmas.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 06:56:18 pm »
...well actually...........a QUAD BIKE !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D.......but I'm never gonna get one  :( :( :(  So, a new pair of welly boots and a day of no catatrophies !!!     Plus, one small wish...................that our 4 remaining GOS piglets born today (from a litter of 7  :'( :'( :'() continue to thrive and are still with us tomorrow - Christmas Day.    
Merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous new year one and all.

Mx
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS