Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Posting info.  (Read 9680 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Posting info.
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »
Hi, fairly new to this site but can anyone tell me why some of my posts, especially in the 3 word stories have got a red cross by them with the word remove, are they classed as unsuitable or am I just not doing it right??????

robert waddell

Re: Posting info.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:04 pm »
you will have to contact Dan on this one. I see that Daisysmum has the same red cross

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 06:16:38 pm »
Have you tried to add a photo against your log in name? Looks like it won't open, the 'x' shows it as an error.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »
You always have the option to remove your own posts - but I don't think anyone else (except Dan) can remove them.
As for red cross - I think that's connected with your picture/avatar - they have to be less than 100 x 100 pixels I think to load successfully.
HTH
Karen x

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:03:16 pm »
Hi all
Thanks for your responses, I have tried to upload my own picture without sucess despite having been given hep by another member, reckon the system thinks my picture is too scary, will try to get rid of the red cross.

Thanks again

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:17 pm »
On your own posts, there are three buttons top right - Quote, Modify and Remove. The Remove one has a red cross. On other folks' posts, you'll only see Quote. The two extra buttons allow YOU to change or remove YOUR posts. No-one else can - apart from Dan as the Moderator.

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »
You cannot be that scary, we are a though lot on here and can face the truth  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 12:12:16 am »
And in any case we are scarier, aren't we, Sandy? ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:22:22 am »
I have tried to upload my own picture ........ reckon the system thinks my picture is too scary, will try to get rid of the red cross.

Have you not seen my avatar  - now thats scary

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 09:11:47 am »
I have tried to upload my own picture ........ reckon the system thinks my picture is too scary, will try to get rid of the red cross.

Have you not seen my avatar  - now thats scary
I hate avatars - even with my new specs on I can't make them out.  IS that a pig on your sofa HM?  ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 11:51:55 am »
I hate avatars - even with my new specs on I can't make them out.  IS that a pig on your sofa HM?  ;) ;D

I've always thought the Hilarysmum pic is of a dog on a bed grabbing a ball ??

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 12:58:29 pm »
No that is definitely a pig - mostly black with some white.  Front feet on the floor back feet on the bed or sofa ;D ;D ;D

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11:36 pm »
No that is definitely a pig - mostly black with some white.  Front feet on the floor back feet on the bed or sofa ;D ;D ;D

Really? I would never have seen that. I thought those back feet you describe were a dogs mouth around a ball  8)  (I did rubbish with those 'hidden' pictures too where you had to stare at it then guess what it was).

And yours is you holding a baby?

I bet no-one knows what mine is either......

HappyHippy

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 02:38:30 pm »
At a guess Oh la la I'd say yours was garden with a bee hive ?
HM's is (I think) Hilary the pig getting up onto the bed  ::) But then Hilary is a law unto herself  ;) :love: ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 06:08:31 pm »
I think I can see a brown field gate on the left but the big white thing looks a bit big in relation to that for a beehive.

Yes, absolutely right, that's me and my first granddaughter, Beth, the day after she was born in 1998

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS