Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: delicate question.  (Read 2697 times)

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
delicate question.
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:36 pm »
i dunno if  this is the sort of place to ask this sort of question/ask advice.......hmmmm. just wondering if anyone has had any similar situation or has the advice..hubbys away at sea,im here on my own...i went to see a client/friend who lost  his wife recently. and i loved his wife she was a really good friend.
he made a pass at me
i feel so sad.
everyones at work or otherwise engaged at the mo,so until tommorrow afternoon i cant really speak to a friend...the ones to give me a good answer anyway
sorry if not appropiate here if it is not  ill delete this post

Sandy

Re: delicate question.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »
Your client/friend is feeling very lonely and looking to fill that gap in his life, as you are showing him attention he thinks you are interested, I used to talk a lot to different males etc and they take chatting and caring as being a come on, thats men for you, they take a while to settle into being alone after being in a relationship, they are looking to be looked after but that passes in time for most men.

Now I suggest that you say how much you want to help but in no way do you want a relationship ( that is unless you do) You will have to be firm and even suggest things he can do to occupy himself and maybe meet some one suitable, make it very clear how happy you are and you do not want those sort of advances, being blunt in a nice way is the only way otherwise  you will string him along and it could get worse.  Good luck

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »
thank you. i feel better now.didnt know how to deal with this,ususally a quick   >:(   does the trick   but he wasnt really taking the hint,but i couldnt be too hard as i guess hes lonley,probably a bit frustrated and thought..well didnt think .he kopped a handfull as i hugged him.

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:15:44 pm »
.he kopped a handfull as i hugged him
  :o Some one else may have just slapped him!!!!!  ;) No excuse to fondle other peoples bits ;)

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:18:34 pm »
 ;D  i know but i was gobsmacked

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:45:43 pm »
That happened to me, and I'm afraid my reaction was to step back very quickly, look him straight in the eye and say 'I'm happy with the man I have, but thank you for the complement.'  He never did it again and we remained friends, and subsequently found another lady who was free to love him.  I most certainly would not have hugged him.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 10:52:53 am »
Never had this problem, but I imagine next time you see him, he will be one of two things:

1. Embarrassed, in which case accept any apology and suggest he finds a group to join with interests the same as his or something similar

2. Shows no remorse and tries again, in which case give it to him straight (verbally I mean), he can obviously take it,and a slap if necessary!

Sadly if it is the latter he is not the man you thought your friend was married to.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS