Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Butter cheesecake.  (Read 2392 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Butter cheesecake.
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:04 am »
   I urge you not to make this. You will be ill from eating too much of it and you will hate yourself for having no will power . you will also hate me !

* FOR THE CRUST:
    * 1 package . Plain  Cake Mix
    * 2oz Butter, melted
    * 1 whole Egg
    * _____
    * FOR THE FILLING:
    * 4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, At Room Temperature
    * 1 whole Eggs
    * 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
    * 2oz Butter, melted
    * 3-¾ cups  Iceing Sugar (or as much or as little as you need to make a dropping consistency

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare crust first. In a large mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients with a wooden spoon until moist. Transfer to a 13″x9″ ungreased baking pan and spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Set aside.

Next, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, and melted butter, and continue to mix. Next, add the confectioner’s sugar one cup at a time until all sugar is mixed in. Pour filling over the crust, and spread evenly with a spatula.

Bake gooey butter cake for 40-45 minutes until it is browned, but the center is still jiggly when the pan is shaken. Cool for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with additional  Iceing sugar and serve.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Butter cheesecake.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:13 am »
sheila, can you replace the cake mix with ingredients?
I always use crushed up digestive or other biscuits as a base, with melted butter only sometimes  ;D I know some people use shortcrust pastry as the base, so I'm interested to see what actually is in the mix you use.
 :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS