Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 4064 times)

home bird

• Joined Nov 2008
« on: November 14, 2008, 12:45:37 pm »
Hi my name is troodie and i have just joined my husband and i are trying to become self sufficient. Have rescued some ex batts and a cockeral, last year i grew my own veg. How much land do you think i would need for a years supply of veg, pigs,and a couple of sheep??
Can anyone advise also does anyone know where i can get a second hand pig ark as they cost a fortune!!

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 02:01:37 pm »
Hi and welcome, there are a lot of very helpful people on the forum who will be able to answer your questions.

Where are you?

Carole

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:03:03 pm »
Hi, and welcome. You'll find lots of help here and we're a friendly bunch.

home bird

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:09:02 pm »
We live in somerset. Just trying aquire land bur not sure how much we will need.!!

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:07:22 pm »
hello home bird, re pigsty make your own! I was horrified at prices as well, we had to make an emergency one when some of the pigs were split up, (ref pig attack) made it out of old fork lift pallets, the tamworth was happy enough with this, they dont need anything fancy. made a perm one out of sheeting dog kennel and scrap pipe,if youve got access to welder even better. ours is on--home made pig arc and some piggys............best of luck neil

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 04:01:01 pm »
Hi and welcome  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS