Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Normandy  (Read 7744 times)

Marecotierre

• Joined Nov 2008
Hello from Normandy
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:10:31 pm »
Hi all...
Total newbie at this....went for a total lifestyle change...been here a year and loving every minute..
This forum has been a real help..thought it was about time I registered. Have got a bit of time now the winter is drawing in!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Hello from Normandy
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 04:28:54 pm »
Bonsoir from another Normandy resident,there's quite a few of us now. So..... stand up in the middle of the class and tell us a bit about yourself!!!  ;D ..... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Marecotierre

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 05:39:43 pm »
eeeerm..... 39 years old, come from Lancashire, Fylde coast. I now live on the border of Orne and Calvados in the Suisse Normande. I have a wife and daughter. Done a number of jobs,started out as a butcher/slaughterman, joined the army, HGV driver and plasterer.Have lived in Normandy full time for a year now, but have worked in france/Italy for a number of years. Aiming for a better lifestyle than my peasant background in the UK allowed me!! Seriously though, not looking at being self sufficient, but the further along that road I can get the better. I believe you really do only live once, (old cliche), but i'd rather die poor and happy. What about yourself?  You near?

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:59:12 pm »
Hi welcome from Brittany.  What sort of livestock are you planning / do you have?

Marecotierre

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:26:43 pm »
Hi hilary's mum,
Have geese (toulouse) Goats (Saanan) Poules (Marans,pekins, hybrids asa) , dogs (english springers :D)

Planning a couple of weaners for spring, and some sheep.
 What about yourself?

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:52:02 pm »
Hi again,
   Yeah,I'm quite near,in the Mortain/Sourdeval/Brecy Triangle of Persistent rain. I've kind of semi-retired now,spent the last 16 years as a bodyguard and mercenary after doing a 4 year stint in the RCT at JHSU and 27 reg. If you're ever passing this way,there's always coffe on and a bottle of Calvados around. ....... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13:50 pm »
Hi, and welcome from rainy, cold, Scotland

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:50:45 am »
Hi Marecottierre, have Gloucestershire Old Spot sow and a small boar, a saddleback cross sow, and HILARY, who is in her own opinion so pedigree and posh that they dont have a breed they can fit her into.  Then there are a selection of piglets as the girls have their own opinion of when they should breed or not, and no one has yet introduced me to the birth control pill for pigs.

Have a selection of ducks and chickens, a mad labrador x collie and a springer spaniel who doubles as a couch potato.

On our 7th year here, despite very big lack of funds we are very content.  If ever you are down this way .....

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:19:59 am »
Hi Marecottierre, we live in dept 50 nr Avranches, not too far from Ree!  We will have to get a few bottles in, good excuse for a soiree!!

If you are interested in weaners, deffinately come and have a visit.  We love to have visitors, and if it is your first time with pigs, ours are a friendly lot.  Get in amongst them and see how you feel.  Your confidence is important so be welcome.

We have been here five years now, and I have to say it has got wetter each year, so be warned - might be worth starting to build your ark!!!  At the very least, one thing we have learned since being here, is splash out on a decent pair of wellies.  Look after your feet because the 'good life' can be hard on them

Have a great time on TAS - we are a dotty but very friendly little community here and always ready at the key board to answer any questions. 

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 03:15:25 pm »
always ready at the key board to answer any questions.

Hmm, I wonder if we are all addicted? ;)  That phrase might indicate that we don't do anything else except sit on here waiting for another post to come in so we can 'chat' :o :-[
I can honestly say I've earned my hour at the computer this afternoon - babysitting three willful grandchildren last night and again tonight, plus have just spent 4 hours out in wind and rain on a nearby estate training my HPR gundog.(a Brittany) :paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 06:23:48 pm »
Hi from cloudy Wales

Kaz :) :)
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 04:09:33 pm »
Hi from another in France- Brittany.

Noticed you are offered a bottle of wine!!!!! please let us know what it was like.
Seriously, if you are near Pigsatlesrues, visit, full of info and great pigs.

Carole

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 04:03:51 pm »
Hi from the frozen North of Scotland  :)

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 06:22:51 am »
Hi from us lot toooo.................neil :pig: :pig: :chook: :chook: :chook: :chook: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :pug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS