Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: G7 2021 - why Cornwall ?  (Read 9478 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: G7 2021 - why Cornwall ?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2021, 12:15:36 pm »
The Queen pays £1,337.62 per year in council tax for Buckingham Palace
WHAT!!!!!!!!!

It should be per day not per bloody year!!!!  What a scam!  She pays less than me in my little bungalow in Central Scotland
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2021, 06:28:21 pm »
WHAT!!!!!!!!!

It should be per day not per bloody year!!!!  What a scam!  She pays less than me in my little bungalow in Central Scotland

That was in 2008/9     13 years ago

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2021, 10:50:36 pm »
WHAT!!!!!!!!!

That was in 2008/9     13 years ago

Nope, the Metro article I quoted was dated Nov 2017. 

Unless you have a better source? 
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2021, 08:29:23 pm »
One Cornish expert says the massive increase in Covid in Cornwall is NOT due to the G7 summit while another national expert says it is.  Whatever one's view, G7 venues were in the Falmouth and St Ives clusters which have some of the very highest case rates/100k behind the leading clusters around Newquay (a very common destination for younger tourists).  Leading Newquay cluster has 837.5 cases/100k. (You might like to compare that to where you live to see why there is much concern here.)

Whereas just weeks ago Cornwall was actually covid-cluster free (!!!), now only 12 Cornish data cluster areas out of 73 have no cases presently !  And we haven't reached peak holiday season yet, which, judging by the traffic already and numbers of people in super-markets etc, is going to be absolutely horrendous.

I am pleased that 18 yr-olds can now book a jab and there are plenty of drop-in vaccination centres with queues of mainly young people - great!  But if you (poor you) are heading in our direction over the summer, do take care because social distancing isn't really being adhered to:  there is a complacency - "I've paid through the nose for my staycation and I'm going to just get on with it" - in the air along with the virus. 
Accomm' providers have really hiked their prices for the covid-staycation market and, stupidly in my humble opinion, folk are paying thousands per week to stay here.  Hope they don't mind the crowds on the beaches and where-ever, or the traffic jams.  Enjoy your stay if you can, but you might wish to think more carefully next year about your staycation destination !!  Lol 
Please also take a test before you travel:  if you or family member test positive it will obviously b****r up your holiday plan, but we don't need any more carriers thanks - we have obviously provided hospitality to quite enough carriers already. 

:gloomy: :fc: 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:49:07 am by arobwk »

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2021, 05:47:42 pm »
Cornwall covid update - if you are still coming here for a summer break DO NOT go to Newquay if you can avoid:  highest of the Newquay clusters covid rates is presently 1,184/100k. That's one in 84.5 peop's (no doubt with so many others undetected) who have been potentially/actually wandering around with covid-19 on your campsite, in your hotel, next to you on the (very) crowded beach, in the pub/restaurant or in the supermarket !!  Take care and please do still wear a mask in crowds/shops - thanks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 07:58:45 pm by arobwk »

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2021, 06:32:15 pm »
Just remember the Queen is paid by us to do a job, so if her Council Tax is cheap we pay less. Tourism pays her salary but Brexit may make the Soverinty a liability?

If you follow the guidelines you will be safe I thought. But here the distancing has gone to pot. So double jabbed (Pfizer) and after a trip to the supermarket, trying to avoid the people pushing past me, I think I may have caught Covid. The same symptoms as the side effects of the original jab, but far more severe- sore throat, runny nose, cough that gave me brain pain, totally spaced out to the extent I didn't really know what I was doing. On the bright side my arm didn't hurt. Ok two weeks later, just about fine I think, but the air quality is terrible now because of the wind now from the East, so that will give a sore throat and a cough.

It's going crazy here with the Delta variant and some areas are locking down. Take care everyone.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2021, 07:54:03 pm »
Glad to hear your arm didn't hurt chrismahon !

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2021, 12:38:28 am »
Broadcasting live from West Kernow -  "This local Derby is really hotting up with Newquay West (1229/100k) unbelievably now pipping Newquay East (1204/100k) on covid counts.  Previously Newquay East held the record at a lower 1,184, but Newquay West's defending has obviously been tested and they have just not been able to fend off the onslaught of covid carriers compared to N East.  But their scores are still close and all to play for in this taught local Derby with August looming."

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2021, 10:12:37 pm »
Humble pie !  Painton friend has just updated me on Torbay, Devon covid stat's - 5,009/100k.  Yikes - makes Newquay, Cornwall look like a quarantine ward !

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2021, 04:33:49 pm »
A Cornwall covid story:
This is the gist of a Cornish covid story told to me by a gardening client who works in a Cornish medical centre:

I'm not sure if the telephone caller was calling 101 or the Med Centre itself, but no real matter - Caller "I'm really not well" ... "OK, but firstly to say Sir that you will need a covid test" ... "No need, I had one in London on Wednesday and tested positive" ...  "Then you should have self-isolated, not travel" ... "But I was coming to Cornwall and planning to just sit on the beach"

So that's why SW England is now pretty much Covid Central with our local health system pretty much busted and why so many others cannot receive other essential LIFE-SAVING medical treatments in time !!
 >:( >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:37:32 pm by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS