Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: "Pop top" caravans  (Read 3029 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: "Pop top" caravans
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 10:43:47 pm »
I hope all goes well for Keela - such a worry  :(

I hope too the van pans out as you hope and that Mrs X and you both have your feet up after a traumatic day. Such things rarely go smoothly.

I was going to tell you about a wonderful Landrover Series 3 I think it was which visited us here a few years ago. 'Douzie' was French and had been converted from a perfectly normal Landie into a wonderful camping machine, with very little change to her looks. The couple had done all the work themselves, including a pop-up roof, with an amazing amount of stuff, such as a washing up station, loo, tools and spares, clothing compartments, fridge, outdoor cooker, water storage, washing line (!), spare fuel jerrycans, too many things to remember, all tucked away in spaces I hadn't even known existed.  They had travelled all over the world in Douzie, including right across the old USSR and beyond, Australia, Africa and i think America and now they were looking for somewhere to camp up fr the night in Scotland.  Of course we offered them a well hidden corner of our smallholding (being avid landie owners ourselves). Up popped the roof, complete with bed, the back doors were opened to reveal cooking and eating facilities, and they were set.  We were amazed at how the Landie disappeared almost totally into the hedge behind them, being in its original khaki colour; the only things which stuck out like two sore thumbs were the search lights, brightly chromed, up on the front - their little bit of bling.  We followed their blog for a while as they continued on their journey but we've lost touch now.  That to me is a brilliant way to travel!
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 10:59:24 pm »
Thanks [member=4333]Fleecewife[/member]

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 06:17:24 pm »
Very happy update re Keela dog [member=4333]Fleecewife[/member]:  the "dark lump" on her jaw was actually a dense lump of hair caught in her teeth. (She is a fluffy little mite and her teeth obviously snagged a hair knot that I hadn't found/removed.)  Huge relief !  :) :) :)

There are some associated arisings from the vet visit which I might post in "Dogs"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:43:55 pm by arobwk »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 02:04:51 am »

:roflanim:  They know how to petrify us  ::)  So glad she's OK.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS