Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Price of 5ha building rights?  (Read 4367 times)

Woodland Warrior

• Joined May 2020
Re: Price of 5ha building rights?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 04:50:10 pm »
Hi All,

I've had a response from North Devon DC in the form of pre-planning application advice. Based on our plans I would need to apply for full planning permission for the agricultural building, polytunnels, pond and hardstanding. Also the poultry house may need planning depending on the size. I would also need to submit a Landscape & Visual Appraisal (LVA), Preliminary Ecological Appraisal in additional to further details on the buildings and polytunnels.

No clear guidance has been given on "if you put the building here that would be better" or what are permitted maximum sizes without PP.

I've submitted a few more questions, so let's see where that takes me. Otherwise preparation for more hoop jumping begins...

Woodland Warrior

• Joined May 2020
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 09:48:50 pm »
Some more advice on temporary buildings today;

There is no prescriptive size limit which applied to ‘temporary buildings’ however the guidance below should give and indication what may be permissible:
In order for field shelters to be exempt from requiring permission this generally depends on a number of factors:

1. Size & construction – in the event the temporary building is required to be constructed on site, this would constitute operational development and planning permission would be required. If
the shelter is ‘ready made’ when arriving on site this would not constitute ‘operational development’.
2. Physical attachment to the land – the temporary building should not be fixed to the ground and should purely rest on the ground. In the event the temporary building is fixed to the ground in anyway and/or is connected to drainage pipes, has a water or electricity supply etc, planning permission would be required.
3. Permanence - the temporary building should be easily movable (by tractor or other machinery) so to ensure this does not constitute a permanent structure. The temporary building should be moved on a regular basis, again to ensure the structure does not have a degree of permanence.

These definitions have been established in a catalogue of planning case law such as R (Save Woolley Valley Action Group Ltd) v Bath and North East Somerset Council [2012] and Skerritts of Nottingham Limited v SSETR [2000].

The chicken sheds in the Woolley case are huge - 1000 hens and approximately 120m2, so 20 metres by 6 metres by 3.5 metres high!! Compared to my paltry 10m2 shed  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 11:44:02 am »
So you can take your prebuilt shed on skids onto your property, but you can't have a water supply or electricity supply to it.  Does it still suit your needs?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 12:44:12 pm »
The environmental impact of development (in all repects) is ever more in focus as the years go by.  One cannot argue with that as populations continue to grow and land does not.  Except that it's hard to believe it from some of the schemes we see approved and the Council planners do seem to be putting you through the mill [member=202015]Woodland Warrior[/member]

Are you looking at development in an AONB or something?

Have they said that the LVA and PEA need to be produced by a certified professional/s ?  (There's an Institute or other professional body for every type of study one can dream up it seems to me.)  Neither an LVA and certainly not a PEA is going to be cheap (I would guess) if done by someone with letters after their name!

Woodland Warrior

• Joined May 2020
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 07:04:57 pm »
[member=152775]arobwk[/member]

Yes it is just inside the AONB, I'm in it for the long haul.
It's a small plot from the break up of a large farm complex, so nobody able to afford to take on the full farm so surely the planning authorities have to adapt to allow economic development in the area. I'm interested to see how it pans out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS