Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The return of the , er bloke in Belgium  (Read 2167 times)

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
The return of the , er bloke in Belgium
« on: October 31, 2010, 11:21:56 am »
To my amazement its nearly one year since I posted here.

A lot has happened in our lives down in the Ardennes. Too much really to put in a post, you would probably all collapse in your coffee.

Suffice to say its been a bumpy ride.  I had a real scare back in Feb when I noticed a tumour in my mouth. So after three months of prodding me around, endless tests,two ' exploration ' operations then all the rest, I am now ok and have the all clear.

During this difficult time I really let things slip at the smallholding. Everyone helps out but I am the only one here fulltime, its kind of my job. A terrible growing season lead to a poor veg crop. The only thing that grew were pumpkins ,gerkhins and corgettes. I planted them all in hay piles, no manure , no preparations really, as I  did not have the energy in mind or body. Funny thins is its the best crop I have ever had. We had over three hundred pumpkins. I did several trips with the Hiluc pick up to veg stores locally.  The sight of a pick up bed overflowing with a sea of pumpkins was too much for them. I cheated a bit by lining pallet boards first to lessen the amount of pumkins I had to load.

Anyway all this to say I am back.

And pleased to be

Kevin

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: The return of the , er bloke in Belgium
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:44 pm »
hi and welcome back from sunny moray  :wave:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:43:54 pm »
Hello Kev,

good to hear from you again , nearly a year !!! where does the time go ?
Glad to hear you are ok after your scare mate . To say it must have been a worrying time is an understatement.
 I had a forget year too (no scare on your scale ) , just injuries that made life difficult all year really .   
 I hope you get the veggie plot sorted and ready for the next season... take it easy though , don't want to go having a heart attack as well , been there done that ... not very nice  !!!
 I am not on the pc as much lately , but pop on from time to time , so will catch you at some time on here !!

cheers ( and take care)

Russ

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »
Welcome back Kevin  :wave:
Great to hear you're feeling better  ;D
Karen

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 12:50:36 pm »
Hi Kevin from Southern Scotland   :wave:.  I didn't meet you the first time around but lovely to meet you now.  The big scare really makes you appreciate what you have and now you have the all clear you can relax and enjoy your life.  :) 
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 12:56:13 pm »
Haven't met you before but I am glad that things have turned out well. Good luck in the future.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »
Welcome back! Glad you've got the all clear, and gardenwise, next year's all new!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS