NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Pet hates  (Read 1942 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Pet hates
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2020, 04:09:32 am »
Roast monkey nuts - eat a handful , shells and all, for the most satisfying morning dump.....
I used to recommend ground roast peanut shell for dogs with bowel problems - excellent for many forms of colitis.

Thanks pgk', but I don't think I'm going to try munching peanut shells any time soon !!
Why not? I eat them now and again with the peanut still inside.. a bit chewy but fine and excellent fibre.
Voss Electric Fence

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow - some say it's in England !
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2020, 01:36:57 am »
Roast monkey nuts - eat a handful , shells and all, for the most satisfying morning dump.....
I used to recommend ground roast peanut shell for dogs with bowel problems - excellent for many forms of colitis.

Thanks pgk', but I don't think I'm going to try munching peanut shells any time soon !!
Why not? I eat them now and again with the peanut still inside.. a bit chewy but fine and excellent fiber.

Naah, I have enough problems getting stuff out of the gaps in my teeth without adding peanut shell fibers !!  :)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:17 pm »

Naah, I have enough problems getting stuff out of the gaps in my teeth without adding peanut shell fibers !!  :)
Stick it through a kitchen whizzy machine and drink it through a straw.... :innocent:

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2020, 05:49:16 pm »

Stick it through a kitchen whizzy machine and drink it through a straw.... :innocent:

I'm still not persuaded  :D

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2020, 09:09:03 pm »
" Ripen in the fruit-bowl" = Buy it, wait a week and it's dried and tasteless"Ready to eat" = Buy it , wait 3 days and it's tasteless

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2020, 11:32:28 pm »
Drivers who indicate to turn after they have started moving. I feel like shouting, "I already know you're pulling out in front of me - you're half way there."

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • Wester Gladstone Hebridean Sheep
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2020, 12:18:31 am »
Drivers who indicate to turn after they have started moving. I feel like shouting, "I already know you're pulling out in front of me - you're half way there."

Or drivers who fail to indicate at all then turn right.  That was the cause of my first motorcycle crash  ::)
www.scothebs.co.uk

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - let sleeping dragons lie

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 11:48:37 pm »

Or drivers who fail to indicate at all then turn right.  That was the cause of my first motorcycle crash  ::)

Don't start me off !!! 

Well obviously you have, so - and I have noticed that the more expensive the car the greater the incidence of poor or complete lack of indicator use ... "I know where I am going so why bother ?!" (can't find an emoticon that sums that attitude up.) ... or is it  "Look at me in my very expensive car!"  which we are then made to do while they decide whether to give us an indication of where they are going to go next ... or perhaps they think it's "Automated !" to coin a recent advertising catch-phrase involving some mongoose-like creatures.
As you might have guessed, I operate indicator whether there is another vehicle/people in sight or not so that I do not get sloppy when it could really matter !
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:18:42 am by arobwk »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • Wester Gladstone Hebridean Sheep
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 11:55:16 pm »
There used to be a lethal old lady in St Andrews.  Apparently many years before they had changed the traffic priority coming out of the West Port.  However, she either didn't notice or simply didn't change her ways, and would drive straight out across the main road, looking neither right nor left, clutching the steering wheel and peering over the top, and possibly wondering why there were so many horn blasts, or perhaps she couldn't hear either.
www.scothebs.co.uk

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - let sleeping dragons lie

Pet hates

Started by Rosemary

Replies: 5
Views: 5741
Last post December 07, 2007, 01:20:38 pm
by Rosemary

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS