Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More donkeys taken.  (Read 4898 times)

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
More donkeys taken.
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:10:11 pm »
I believe i mentioned last year that the rspca had seized 3 of my donkeys on a pretext, basically because I questioned the reasoning behind them seizing some horses that were grazing nearby. (Moral of the story - do not put your head above the parapet and try and argue with the rspca unless you do not possess a single animal that they can seize in retaliation.) However, I have pleaded not guilty, and am lucky enough to have legal defence insurance and an amazing vet on my side. Without the insurance I would have to plead guilty as defence costs (Possibly £250k in my case) mean that your average person has to plead guilty even though what they are acccused of is a pack of lies. As the court case draws near and is looking promising for us, they have seized the rest of my equines in an attempt to prove how unsuitable I still am to keep animals. Went to see them with my vet yesterday at the livery where they have been taken, and she gave them a thorough examination. As we stood there and each animal was lead out in turn, and stood quietly, looking a picture of health, we couldn't help thinking how obvious it must have been to the livery staff that these were well loved and cared for animals, as opposed to the the horribly abused and starving animals that you see on the rspca ads. The whole thing is an absolute waste of the public's genuinely donated money, and I'm just mentioning it as a warning to anyone else that is tempted to oppose them.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: More donkeys taken.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:50:11 pm »
The RSPCA lost my support when they prosecuted a man for drowning a nuisance squirrel he caught in a trap. The reason was that that is not considered humane -should have shot it. I had that clarified by a retired official who said one shot was OK but if two were required that could also lead to prosecution.

A word of caution Landroverroy. Legal insurance carries a financial limit, but it's not just your costs, it also includes their costs in case costs are awarded against you. I had a legal case with an extremely good chance of success that was dropped by the insurers when half the insured limit had been reached.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 12:50:58 pm »
They have taken those pictured in your recent ad for a mule? Wow!  ???

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 01:38:16 pm »
Last year the same organisation would not take in horses that were clearly abused (especially the dead one) they only took action to removed abused dogs when the poor things went on the rampage in the village. And then they noticed that the dead horse was still there, apart from the bits the  starving dogs had eaten.
They also refused to take a mistreated goat, no food, no water, flystrike. Apparently a group of people took matters into their own hands. The goat is now living somewhere else, healthy and happy, apparently  :innocent:

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 03:11:45 pm »
Some very smart person rang them to report ME as he saw my goat from the bridge and thought she was tangled. Their officer came and said there's nothing wrong - obviously I just be on their black list however.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
They have taken those pictured in your recent ad for a mule? Wow!  ???

Yes indeed. I am now donkey less and mule less. So just going out now to abuse my poultry - having little left now to ill treat. :stir:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS