Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wonderwool 2019  (Read 5158 times)

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
Re: Wonderwool 2019
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 10:16:23 pm »
Perhaps next year we should organise a visit in March.Although I have a dairy goat still to kid, any day now so if you came soon there'll still be little babies to cwtch.Just going to do a last check and feed before I collapse into bed.  Speak soon.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 11:10:27 pm »
A visit sounds good. I also need to visit Beeducked who took in my last goat, Caldi, who recently gave birth to twins.

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 05:41:53 am »
What is it about goats that gets to people I wonder?A friend of a friend at guild came to visit recently to get her 'goat fix'.Glad to hear Caldi is doing well, see you sometime soon.

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 06:52:32 am »
The goat that was stopping me getting to wonderwool kidded on friday but I still couldn't go because one of the twins was very weak. She died during the night last night and I actually feel relieved that she's not struggling any more. Of course it has to be that the remaining twin is a billy, not so good for a dairy goat. You're right goats get to you!

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 08:19:39 am »
Sorry to hear things haven't gone well with your dairy kid. :hug:

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2019, 01:02:25 pm »
Hope you get mobile again today MGM.  Wonderwool was good as usual ….  (too much temptation to spend even for those of us who don't spin :)

Do think it would be easy for the organisers to allow people with disability to be dropped much nearer …. most of site is not in use so shouldn't be difficult.  …. many people who 'work in wool' have mobility problems … should be catered for properly.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 11:33:31 pm »
There is a car park nearer than the main one and fairly near the entrance and it's usually fairly full. I need my chair to get round as well. I should get it back by Friday at a cost of £305!! The brake was jamming on the left drive wheel. Of course the engineer can't just order a new brake. It has to be a whole unit of motor and brake. The labour is only £30. Probably just as well I did miss Wonderwool. I couldn't have afforded to go and buy things. Thank goodness the trouble started before I went rather than afterwards. The chair will be given a check over as well so should be ok for the next year or so.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS