Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: L`association of pigs in France  (Read 24886 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: L`association of pigs in France
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 06:49:13 am »
Mr Ree give in gracefully.   :pig:  Womanpower. :pig: :pig: :pig: 

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:09 am »
The website is transformed!  We hope you like it.

Looking for lots of participation now from members and their families. We have a section just for the kid's and a photo gallery so that members can send in their pictures of their own pigs.

For the more serious pig keepers out there, we are developing a legal and welfare section, which we hope to reveal during the next few weeks, which will be a working progress.

Take a look at the website www.labpif.com/ and if you like what you see then please get in touch!

I wanted to thank TAS for allowing this thread to continue, and allowing us to advertise the new website etc.    We are calling it 'New Beginnings', and it is certainly that.  Everything is in place for the association to move forward now.

Thanks!!

Kate  :pig:

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:53 pm »
 Hi.
    This is a request to, Madam Chairperson, Madam Secretary, members of the committee and members of the L'ABPIF.
     At the next committee meeting, 6/12/08 ? May I suggest ,serious consideration be given to the appointment of a Liaison Officer, an officer of the L'ABPIF. who would liaise with the Direction Departmental Des Services Veterinaires, ( D.D.S.V.,Ministere De L'agriculture ).
   The D.D.S.V. are very interested in the protection of the old breeds. They are also very concerned that non french breeders and newcomers to France who  may not yet have sufficient grasp of the language, might be unaware of the health regulations and procedures, movement papers, blood testing ect. required of them to keep Porcine stock in France healthy and free from disease.
  I know D.D.S.V. rules vary from department to department, but a fluent french speaking Liaison Officer could establish a rapport with individual departments as necessary.
   We live and raise our stock in France and therefor MUST comply with the French health regs. Ignorance , and or, blatant abuse of procedure, will not be tollerated for long. It will only bring disaster in the long run.
 That run might not be so long.
 So, in your haste to build the Association, please do not overlook the fact, we are uninvited guests in La Belle France and should show her the courtesy of abiding  by her rules.
  To this end a Liaison Officer could prove indipenseable.

N.B. A meeting between the D.D.S.V. and three representatives of the association (L'ABPIF) did take place earlier this year. It lasted for nearly two hours and was very informative for both parties. Sadly, due to the inappropriate and greedy behaviour from two of the L,abpif's governing body, then and now, the report was never completed.

JanS.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2008, 07:34:18 am »
Jan

Are you offering your services to this end? LABPIF needed an injection of new blood and has received a considerable transfusion within the last week, as can be witnessed on the website. Rome wasn't built in a day or by a small group of dedicated people, so please be patient. The members of l'Association need to portray a unified front in order to maintain momentum and to attract new members.

There is an existing secondary website under construction which will be linked to LABPIF to offer support, welfare, husbandry and legal elements to which you refer, therefore you’re every assistance and input co-ordinating information is appreciated.

You can contact the Secretary and Committee via the website Email which is now functioning correctly.

John Waterfall (Joint President l'Association)

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
   John:

I asked a very simple question, would the committee give serious consideration to the appointment of a Liaison Officer, to work with the D.D.S.V. ?   I also gave the reasons why I thought this to be a very important post.    Nothing more.

JanS (Genetic Breeder).

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:33 am »
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but noticed your signature as Genetic Breeder, Jan S.  Genuinely and seriously interested in knowing what this is.  Would it be possible for you to start a new topic for this?    Is it pig genetics? It sounds fascinating.  Thanks in advance.  HM

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 07:24:21 am »
Jan

I appreciate the content of your question and haven't dismissed it but as stated the LABPIF website now allows you to contact the committee via Email.

The next meeting is set for 6th December 2008 and this will provide you with the opportunity to raise your queries. You obviously have not considered that Family Membership involves young people who are likely to have French as their first language and therefore in the not too distant future the website will need to be dual language which will provide the French community the opportunity to be involved. The likelihood is that further down the road the meetings will be conducted in French as the junior members who in time are likely to form the committee, will wish to use their first language when conducting the affairs of LABPIF.

John Waterfall (Joint President l'Association)

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 09:47:20 am »
  I give up,
          John, all that was needed, if you felt an answer was required was,
   yes, we will    or    no, we will not.    That easy.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 10:15:33 am »
The suggestion of a liasion officer will be given consideration at the next meeting, along with the other agenda items, which can be found on the official website.

Also the comments made regarding a previous meeting held between members and the DDSV, will also be discussed. This is a new beginning for the association and we are not prepared to go backwards, however if as you say were other motives with other members, this needs to be addressed. Could you please Jan forward me the details via PM.

Picking up from HM posting regarding breeding genetics, maybe you would be willing to put together a piece for the web site, as I am sure it will be of great interest to members.

Thanks

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 06:58:11 pm »
    Have sent PM Carole.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS