Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: L`association of pigs in France  (Read 24893 times)

LIN

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: L`association of pigs in France
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 08:28:00 pm »
Hi  Kate / Carole

Kate  - Thank you for the welcome, I have been on here before and yes it is a good site.

Carol  -  As people seam to be contacting you re the AGM, if they are coming or not.  Please can you let me know what is happening,

I ask this having read a posting from Nellie signed 'H', she is not attending.  I think I know who she is but she has not been in contact with me yet.

If anyone needs any info re LABPIF..  Please contact me.

I am sorry if this sounds off putting. but I have received an email from Kate ( to which I am not happy).  This email will be looked at in full at the AGM (to which I have already informed Kate).

As secretary to the Association, I am trying to arrange a meeting for all members with no one telling me anything apart from bad feeling and nasty rumors.

Lin

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:27 pm »
Lin  I am sorry you feel  that you are only having negative responses from the 'pig community' with regard to the Association

Unfortunatley  I think you are encountering such negativity as many  people feel very frustrated by   the lack of communication  and  unsatisfactory responses to requests for information regarding the Association

I hope that people with attend the AGM & have their concerns appropriately addressed and acted on
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:13:10 pm by nellie »

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 08:27:32 am »
Lin  when is the agenda for the AGM  going to be published on the website?

Will  all the members be forwarded the agenda prior to the AGM please

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 08:43:59 pm »
If you have a constitution the procedure for paperwork distribution prior to the AGM should be included in that document.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 10:15:09 pm »
Hi

For all members of this association or those with an interest to possibly join, the agenda has been published and can be viewed on the official web site, just found it there.

Carole

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 06:28:26 am »
Thanks Carole, could you possibly publish the link? HM

Wendyfayre

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 06:37:58 am »

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 09:20:05 am »
This is a message from me to the membership of LABPIF.

Dear member

The published A.G.M of the L’Association of British Pigs in France on Saturday 8th November 2008 was confirmed to me as now being an Extraordinary meeting of the Association.

I had hoped to email this letter directly to members of LABPIF which I must confirm is from me personally and is not instigated or approved by the current committee of the Association. I have been unable to gain access to member’s names and email addresses despite requesting this information many times.  I personally feel it important to make this last attempt to encourage members to attend the meeting in the hope that many of you will be interested at this important time to participate constructively with the days’ events. I have no idea how many of you there are, but assume there could be around forty members, based on the membership forms that were being filled in at the Open Day back in July.

This meeting will be a chance for the membership to air their views and to influence choices by means of suggestions or voting in a new committee. You may have a proxy vote which you can also use. Pass it on to someone you can trust to use it for the benefit of the membership. You will also need to advise the acting Secretary of your intent for your vote.  The meeting will also give members the opportunity to be actively involved in their association whether that role might be as a committee member, or to form part of a team that can work together and really turn this organisation into something that everyone can enjoy.

It will also be an opportunity for members to make their suggestions as to what they would like to see included in the website for example.  Also the kinds of events that they would like to participate in during the coming year. What about a social side? A chance to meet up with each other and get to know each other without the daily politics, or the pressure of an ‘event day’.

At its’ conception a year ago, I believe that there were some very firm ideas as to what path the Association would take. I joined in July and have been frustrated like many of you I imagine, that nothing has happened during this latter period, and I have no idea of what path the Association was to take, and can only go by the guide lines as stated below that can be found on the Association website. This meeting will be a good opportunity to find out about and discuss those original plans, and decided whether they are practical to achieve and/or how to achieve them.

As written, the aims and objectives of the Association are:

1.  To promote British Pigs wherever possible and also to support the native breeds.

2.  To educate breeders to a high standard of health and welfare of their livestock

3.  To support the breeders in farm practices such as Artificial Insemination, breeding programmes, etc by way of demonstrations, open days and training days.

4.   To educate the breeders on the requirements of farming in France and to comply with French Legislation.

5.  To develop markets for both breeding and fattening stock thus creating a demand for the pigs produced.

This is your association.  You thought it worthwhile when you made the decision to join, so now this is your chance to actively make it work. Without your presence, the choices for committee members for example will be very limited.  It can only be for the good to have as many interested people there as possible to affect the right changes and really make the Association a worthwhile community to belong to. Please stand up and be counted. Put your grievances and frustrations aside, and be there.

I urge you all to give some serious thought to this, and if you want to make a difference then please come along to the meeting. Notify the acting Secretary of your intent as soon as you can so that she will know how many people to expect on the 8th.  Alternatively you can forward your suggestions by private email via TAS which may make contact a little easier for you, and make it clear what you would like to be included in the discussions if you cannot attend.

Do you have a particular skill that you can offer?  Are a good organiser? Do you have access to contacts that could benefit events etc?  Do you have appropriate skills that could benefit the British Rare Breed Pig Community?   More importantly than all of those things though, please consider a position on the committee – ‘new blood’, new and fresh ideas – these things are so important for any organisation, and for this Association in particular, an injection of new people could really make a difference, and you could be actively involved in creating a really positive future for all of the membership.

As I have already said – you thought LABPIF a worthwhile organisation to join in the first place, and with your input it can be what ever you want it to be, but you have to be there on the day to make it happen.

We could call these ‘new beginnings’, so please be part of it.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Kate Ball

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:54:17 am by pigsatlesrues »
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:32 am »
having seen the agenda that has now been  posted  on the website I have emailed the secretary with the following  request  for information

i notice on the LABPIF  website  that my name is listed under Any Other Business

Can I please ask why my name has be specifically noted  & to what purpose I am to be discussed please

I await her reply

LIN

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 10:33:56 pm »
I have pm Nellie, and I have told her it is not a problem, On the committee meeting back in June Helen was ask to consider being put forward for the committee again and she said no, awaiting confirmation.  Confirmation now received and this is the only reason for her name being on the agenda, Nothing else.
Lin

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 08:13:42 am »
I must take issue with Lin re this reponse a it is TOTALLY untrue

Insert Quote
I have pm Nellie, and I have told her it is not a problem, On the committee meeting back in June Helen was ask to consider being put forward for the committee again and she said no, awaiting confirmation.

I did not attend this committee meeting and was asked via a telephone conversation with the Chairman whetherI would consider standing for the committee.I stated categorically NO and outlined my reasons in a very detailed letter dated 23 June 2008.I assumed that this would be the end of the matter.

quote  Confirmation now received and this is the only reason for her name being on the agenda, Nothing else.

I have had no further comunication with the Chairman since and no further confirmation from myself ( my email was very clear re my position)

This is a totally inadequate explanation as to why my name should be published on the internet without my consent.

The issue was resolved in June and even if the matter was unclear ( which it wasnt!)  it should have been listed on the Agenda  as Commitee Member selection there was no need for my name to be printed - or any other persons name for that matter!!!

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 04:31:08 pm »
Nellie

Just a thought maybe you could contact the chairperson and ask for their position on this whole event.

It is a shame you are unable to make the meeting, is there maybe someone who could go on your behalf

Carole

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 12:03:52 pm »
I've just read this whole post in disbelief. Before reading,I was tempted to join. Now that I have seen all the in-fighting,bickering,back-stabbing,politics and jockeying for postition before L'association has even had it's first AGM,there is no way I'd want to be a part of something that couldn't organise a p***-up in a brewery,with a dyslexic secretary and members using various aliases. I moved to France to get away from all the drama,not to get iinvolved in more,so thank you,but I shall gracefully decline and go off and do my own thing........  Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Wendyfayre

• Joined Apr 2008
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 05:02:22 pm »
Mr Ree don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 05:07:19 pm »
Try what? As far as I can see,nothing's happening! In fact I might attend,and suggest a name change to L'Association des Lions a Mené par des Anes    ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS