Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: L`association of pigs in France  (Read 24892 times)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
L`association of pigs in France
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:34:34 pm »
Hi all,

I am looking for anyone else who is a member of this association, I joined back in July at a Gala event.
Please if you are a member mail me as I now feeling quite isolated, and wishing to make contact with others.
I also understand there is an AGM metting on 8th November.

Thanks
Carole

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: L`association of pigs in France
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:47 pm »
Following on from this post, has any member actually received any information regarding the agenda and details of the meeting on the 8th November? Has any member received any information at all from the association since joining?

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:27:52 pm »
Kate,
It looks like just you and me then!!!!!
I have asked the secretary on 4 e-mails and 2 phone messages to make contact.........nothing

If anyone else in France has joined this association please get in touch

Worrying in Brittany
Carole

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 09:02:39 pm »
I too joined them!  I have heard absolutley nothing.  I've tried to access the site but to no avale.
Looks like they've taken my money & run  >:(
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Simon

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 08:57:02 am »
Hi
I'm Simon from pigsinfrance.com - I would like to make it clear to everybody, that the site www.pigsinfrance.com has no connection at all with this Association.

Simon

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:06:59 am »
To go on a bit further! 
As most of you folks living in france know – that I was one of  the founders of this Association, but soon resigned due to various discrepancies; however am still a member (till the end of the year!) and also find it amazing that the membership is not informed of anything. ???
I feel responsible for, in the early stages encouraging some of my friends through ‘pif’ to join this Association – when I had belief in it’s merits;  so as this is a ‘French matter’, I shall endeavour to find out the whereabouts and future plans (if any) of this Association.  I will start a topic on ‘pif’s forum for the investigation!
As a matter of interest, to the french contingency, pif is no longer dedicated to rare breed pig breeding, but to general small farming in France. :)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 10:49:55 am »
Thank you Simon - I promise no one associates you with this mess!  It has become a bit of a principle thing with all of us now, so let us see where it takes us?!!

The PIF site is great by the way, and as always much appreciated for its' quality of information. 

Thanks

Kate  :pig:

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:52 am »
like Simon  I was one of the origional founding members but also quickly 'saw the light' and dis -associated myself from this organisation

in theory I am a member until the end of the year but like everyone else I am in the dark as to who is running the assocation, when the AGM is to be held  and what direction it will take in the future.  Their website provides very little information and at present no contact details!!

I suggest that  pig lovers & small holders stick to the origional site set up to support the ideals of ethical pig keeping in France  www.pigsinfrance.com :D

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 12:08:29 pm »
Thanks Simon I will look forward to discussing this topic on your website pigsinfrance.com

Just so as you know Simon, I,  probably along with many others certainly do not hold you at all responsible for the actions or non-actions of L'association of British Pigs in France & that pigsinfrance.com is a very reliable & valuable source of information for pig breeders & smallholders alike.  I have enjoyed the site for many years & hope to do so for many more.
Regards
Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:27:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies,
Simon as others have said you are not to blame.
Interesting that many are coming forward and saying they were members but soon left the association.

Have popped into pif, and it is looking great, also good to see old members are back posting too.

Cheers
Carole

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 03:22:43 pm »
Hi again

Thanks to everyone who read and replied to this topic

I am going to the meeting in November and am now appealing to any other members who can not attend the AGM to inform the secretary and register a proxy or postal vote. Kate and I are happy to assist anyone in this matter.
We are looking to support past and present members make this a credible association again and assist putting it back on track
The association was set up to promote rare breed pig keeping and to offer advice, support and increase the awareness of these fantastic pigs to others. This is the philosophy we strongly agree with.

So come on register, even if you resigned your committee post - you are still valued and together we will make a difference.

Carole

nellie

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Mont St Michel France
    • Vacation Normandy
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 10:54:55 pm »
hi Carole

I am unable to attend the meeting  - please pm me as to how I can register a proxy vote

thanks H

LIN

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 11:34:58 pm »
Hi Kate

No member has received details of agenda as I am still waiting for people to contact me, As soon as I get replies from all members as to who is attending and if they have items for the agenda it will be posted to all,

Lin (Secretary LABPIF)

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 09:13:40 am »
Nellie,
I have sent you a PM as to my understaning of the process.
Thanks
Carole

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 10:28:38 am »
Hi Lin and welcome to TAS - it is a great forum and I know you will enjoy it.

I must appologise for my earlier posting re the agenda.  A couple of days after I posted I was made aware that the agenda's are not recieved by members until 14 days prior to the meeting. Now I know, sorry!

Kate  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS