Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Big Rant time!!! speeding cars..  (Read 6788 times)

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Big Rant time!!! speeding cars..
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 03:55:22 pm »
Well Done,I don't get the Journal (Don't see why i should pay for it when everyone else gets it delivered free ::) )
   I remember when I first moved and was comming home late one night.There was something lying in the road just befor the turning to your rd by the chip shop.At first I thought it was a fox as it seemed pretty big but when I stopped to move it it was a large dead siamese type cat complete with collor.
    I did not want the owner to find it squashed(for want of words)in the road in the morning so I moved it carefully onto the grass bank so they could at least find what had happened.A few days later a gentleman came up to my place with a present and thanked me for moving it as it was their cat.
     By the way off topic....put the billyrag in a lidded jam jar to keep it "fresh"! My boys are very smelly at present its that time of the year!! ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 04:05:03 pm »
so sad  :'(  I hate seeing domestic pets that have been hit or run over.
there's still blood on our road where woody was killed, can't get it off.
will keep billy rag in a jar, thanks for the tip. just got back from DFT - have bought some rhode rocks and goldlines and had a chat about billy - they are so lovely there, my kids adore the place!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 02:58:29 pm »
little old man knocked on our door 10.30pm last night to say he'd just knocked down a cat. WOody's brother Bobby, our other kitten it was. He died in Tony's arms minutes later. Really fed up  :'(   lovely man though fo rletting us know. No more cats for us, not while we live on Brands Hatch, or so it seems
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 03:04:00 pm »
Sorry to hear that Lisa  :)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 06:05:06 pm »
So sorry to hear this sad news Lisa  :bouquet:

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 06:29:43 pm »
Thanks James and Ian. I've just about had it now, feel so low. that's 2 goats and 3 cats gone since May. Now Snowball, (Bobby and Woody's mum) hasnt' come home all day so sleepless night ahead methinks.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 02:00:57 pm »
Did she come back this morning?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 05:28:08 pm »
She did thank you Hilary'smum, I was really worried yesterday but she did come back and delivered a large, dead rat to my bedroom at 2am (!)  in fact she's just jumped on my lap so is definately hanging around bless her!!  Am feeling a bit better today but the children still very upset. Fortunately Tony has buried Bobby in the garden so today they have been visiting his grave  :'(

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 06:49:32 pm »
so sad  :(
Little Blue

clumbaboy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Gretna
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
Hi everybody,
                 there is a very similar problem to that in a village close to me, the locals have invested in a dummy complete with high viz jacket and black hat and this gets moved about on a regular basis, slows them down quite considerably and they also have a roadside unit that shows the speed, not sure where they acquired it from but it does have a road agency sticker on it.
Maybe worth a try.  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »
will tell the parish council about this, it sounds like a great idea, thanks x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS