Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Almost vegan florentines  (Read 2182 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Almost vegan florentines
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:31 pm »
I rarely d this sort of stuff but offered to ake soem for V's christmas... Cranberry, almond, orange with a central hazelnut and a few cherries chopped in. Yes they have chocolate underneath.
54grammes each vegan spread, toasted and chopped flaked almonds, chopped cranberries, soft brown sugar and honey (the non vegan bit but from bees a friend kept on the farm). Reserve a few extra flaked almonds and coarse cut a few cherries.34grammes plain flour.Zest from  a large orange finely chopped too

In a pan melt the spread, dissolve in the homey and sugar. Remove from heat and whisk in the chopped fruit then the flour and then fold in the coarse bits.
On baking sheets lay out heaped teaspoons mix (6 to a baking tray) and shape as flat rounds with a hazelnut popped in the middle. bake at 180C 8-10 mins
Coat undersides with plain chocolate
Ha! Just noticed I posted similar last year.. Oh well consistent but this time a picture..

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Almost vegan florentines
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:31:11 pm »
I stopped reading at the word "vegan".

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:00:29 am »
You can always 'unvegan' it for the sake by using butter. Personally I'm not vegan but V is and I respect her viewpoint.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 01:09:12 pm »
You can always 'unvegan' it for the sake by using butter. Personally I'm not vegan but V is and I respect her viewpoint.
You're abetter man than me, Gunga Din

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS