NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: I did it !  (Read 709 times)

Jukes Mum

• Joined Apr 2014
  • North Yorkshire
Re: I did it !
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 12:42:27 pm »
I saw a funny mug recently that read
"Dear Wife,
If you have asked me to do something, I will do it!
I don't need reminding every 6 months"
 ;D
Don’t Monkey With Another Monkey’s Monkey
Voss Electric Fence

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 11:18:28 pm »
After 29 years of failing to get all the tiles on the bathroom walls we changed the suite and put in a shower.  A nice man tiled the walls at the same time.

Anyone want to buy a reasonalble amount of cheap tiles?

:roflanim: :roflanim:

I saw a funny mug recently that read
"Dear Wife,
If you have asked me to do something, I will do it!
I don't need reminding every 6 months"
 ;D

I've seen that one. So so true.

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 11:48:07 pm »
Reminds me of my first job where I seem to recall we sold a round china dish known as a "Tuit".  It was so named because plainly printed on the bottom of the dish was "This is a round tuit" - now you have one you can finish all the jobs I've been nagging about... I wonder how many of them have survived...
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 06:39:23 am »
My Mum still has one of those, quite possibly bought from your shop Scarlet Dragon. I remember when she was given it - oh how we laughed  :thinking: .  She's still got a ceramic frog somewhere holding a placard that says "please don't smoke, it makes me croak". Another 70s design classic, I'm sure you'll agree  :innocent: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 08:10:55 am »
We also have 'a round tuit' S.D. Reminds me of the look of amazement I got when I replaced the broken bathroom wall heater the very next morning- the only job (aside from urgent breakdowns) I've managed to do promptly.

Still have a long list of jobs here that haven't been done- the list was written August last year!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS