Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Amazon and unordered stuff  (Read 22239 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Amazon and unordered stuff
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 08:20:26 pm »
Just listen in case it's ticking  :coat:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2019, 08:46:10 pm »

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2019, 08:47:23 pm »
Well I have upset many one or two people in my time !

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2019, 03:47:28 pm »

It's an alarm clock to disrupt your retirement!!!!
B$**dy retirement ! not enough hours in the day,even thiough I have slowed physically ,might take a wee job just to get a rest.
 Anyway 90cm x 175cm  5 tier shelf unit delivered today , very useful just have to wait a while ..

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »
Due to my £800 fully tracked must be signed for in person two day delivery item being sent to Sheffield instead of South Wales and they not finding the name & address there various delivery companies took up the hue & cry looking for it .

It was correctly addressed inc post code ,  but the barcode reader confused the bar code for SA18 with barcode S18 ..
 As a result it was sent to the Sheffield depot. When it was found to be undeliverable ,  someone made up a new label using the Sheffield post code S18 43B ,  stuck it over the correct one and away it went out for delivery again to somewhere in Sheffield . It was retained at the Sheffield depot because it was not delivered , a note was left in the letterbox saying there was a parcel to collect.

It was only when the person at the address in Sheffield took their driving licence  with them to collect the parcel that their name was found to be different to the one on the address so not handed over.

I complained bitterly to the main carrier & told the senders what the score was,  for the tracking showed the whole  journey and said it was undelivered delivered .
 Eventually I got a couple of phone calls telling me what the state of play was and when things should happen .

It did eventually arrive a couple of weeks late .

It seems the auto label readers in their depots can read most things but on a slightly porous paper for a printed label or a slight smudge of the newly printed label can change a thin bar code stripe to be read as a thick one thus your gear goes elsewhere .

I'd check out things with the citizens advice people & your local trading standards office if you get unsolicited deliveries . I certainly wouldn't spend my time or money trying to sort things out .

It seems that Amazon does this occasionaly too  I got nearly a hundred 300 ml Weck preserving jars , weeks after receiving the right number of the ones I'd ordered.

It took several weeks  of contacting and replying to Amazons emails before it was sorted ..
In the end  I decided I'd like to pay for the extra jars as we hope to do a lot of pressure canning at home in 2019 . Got given a case of the jars for free as compensation .

It appears that when I first looked at the jars using my account on my computer  I put them in my cart but had not paid for them , meantime my wife had ordered & paid for them via her account on her computer .

Their computer system then had a brain fart & processed both orders , sent out all manner of confusing  emals saying they are temporarily out of stock , a part order will be sent,  the order will be delivered on  /xx/18 .

After the second delivery I checked out my shopping cart they were not there ..but I'd not paid for them at that time .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:25:27 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2019, 05:19:39 pm »
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggh !

its started again. "Homful" foot peel mask from Amazon.
Here we go again

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2019, 10:56:36 pm »
Never heard of foot peel masks. Do they work?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2019, 06:49:29 am »
Oooh that sounds nice!!!  I'd love to have the time to put a foot mask on... are they the lavender ones?

Lavender extract fragrance among the ingredients

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2019, 06:56:40 am »
Never heard of foot peel masks. Do they work?
It's called socks..

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2019, 11:35:31 pm »

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2019, 06:40:53 pm »
[member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member] , Did you catch this article on BBC news today?

Even verified reviews might not be all they seem. Some consumers fear their personal data might have been used by sellers to gather fake "verified reviews". Known as "brushing", the scam sees sellers obtain people's name and address to send the goods which they did not purchase. On Amazon, this leaves a paper trail showing the goods had been bought on the site and had been delivered.

The seller then uses the individual's details to set up a new account which it uses to post glowing reviews of its products.

Could that be another explanation perhaps?, and could you even check to see if "you" have left a glowing review for any of the products you received? (would that work?  I have no idea!)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2019, 09:12:44 pm »
[member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member] , Did you catch this article on BBC news today?

Even verified reviews might not be all they seem. Some consumers fear their personal data might have been used by sellers to gather fake "verified reviews". Known as "brushing", the scam sees sellers obtain people's name and address to send the goods which they did not purchase. On Amazon, this leaves a paper trail showing the goods had been bought on the site and had been delivered.

The seller then uses the individual's details to set up a new account which it uses to post glowing reviews of its products.

Could that be another explanation perhaps?, and could you even check to see if "you" have left a glowing review for any of the products you received? (would that work?  I have no idea!)

Now that an interesting idea, might look into that

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2019, 06:36:09 pm »
OH NO not again !
an Amazon package today addressed to me , (old account number ) a bag of 20, yes twenty multi coloured "scrunchies".
Not much use to me I'm afraid, so after the requisite time period , they'll be up for grabs foc

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2019, 09:33:32 am »
Have you thought that maybe the courier just fancies you?
  :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2019, 06:59:15 pm »
Have you thought that maybe the courier just fancies you?

Having been seen in the buff by Alison one of our regular couriers ( she poked her head through the shower room window get a signature ) I maybe think the 40year age difference would be a no  :D
Having said that, she's a goth and has some amazing artwork , think Lydia , you have to be old for that one !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS