Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Amazon and unordered stuff  (Read 22243 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Amazon and unordered stuff
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 08:58:50 pm »
You can refuse to accept deliveries so the courier takes it back and returns to sender.

I think we will have to set up  a new amazon account in Mrs RTB's name so we can identity the orders we actually order.
In the meantime the bluray player is sitting waiting...........
Refusing stuff is OK if we see the courier, most times they leave the delivery in the safe place at the end of the drive, and thats covered by cctv .
All the courier drivers that visit us  are all well known to us ,especially DPD, Hermes and UK mail as they are friends.

Scotsdumpy, DPD are very good at tracking / recording and can produce time and  gps and in some instances if left with neighbour or agreed safe place a photograph of the location with gps tag. I know this as we disputed a delivery once , it turned out it had been delivered to the chap at the top of the road as it was very icy , and forgot to let us know....  photograph of house included in the e-mail.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 06:54:24 am »
My friend was the victim of a scam where people were taking out phone contracts using his name and address. The scam was to intercept the delivery driver to claim the phone and sign for it leaving my friend to pay the bill.
He challenged someone 'hanging around' his house who quickly scarpered.
This makes me wonder how many deliveries using your address you dont know about?
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 12:42:51 pm »
I've been reading this thread with amusement - until today..... I seem to be having courier problems but in a negative way!! I ordered a chainsaw from darn sarf and was mildy amused by the next day delivery claim, however, after a week I thought I'd better check with the supplier if there was a problem. No problem, the parcel was delivered and signed for last Friday - 24 hours after I'd ordered it. They sent me an email with my ' signature' which is nothing like my scribble on thouch touch screen thingies.
So, now I'm sat waiting for the suppliers to get back to me after contacting DPD. There's only 5 properties with the same postcode, 2 are empty, one is mine, one belongs to an elderly ex farmer and  the other neighbours were away when the parcel was delivered....

The hand held scanners record the GPS position where things were signed for so the courier can tell exactly "where" the parcel was handed over.  It won't help much if there was a scammer waiting to intercept - but how would they know you'd ordered it?  More likely it's been delivered to the wrong address (RtB - have you received one recently as all parcels seem to lead to you) and they'll be able to track the item for recovery.

If you've paid for it using a credit card - contact your credit card company within 60 days for them to hold the payment and help you get resolution if the seller isn't cooperating.

All these items have an address label with my correct details.none of these items have been purchased by me , appeared on my Amazon account or paid for by me by any means . Everything I have ordered had always been delivered to me correctly
Amazon have contacted me again this morning , as requested my account has been suspended and a new one created with different details.

I wait with anticipation for the afternoons parade of postie's and couriers and the gifts from Dunfirmline  :roflanim:

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 05:01:47 pm »
Pleased to report the chainsaw turned up - the package was incorrectly addressed - ie not my address. It was in a shed of one of the uninhabited properties. However, it wasn't the model I thought I'd ordered so it's going back....

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 06:33:34 pm »
Pleased to report the chainsaw turned up - the package was incorrectly addressed - ie not my address. It was in a shed of one of the uninhabited properties. However, it wasn't the model I thought I'd ordered so it's going back....
Thats a stroke of luck  :)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 10:46:06 pm »

All these items have an address label with my correct details.none of these items have been purchased by me , appeared on my Amazon account or paid for by me by any means . Everything I have ordered had always been delivered to me correctly
Amazon have contacted me again this morning , as requested my account has been suspended and a new one created with different details.

I wait with anticipation for the afternoons parade of postie's and couriers and the gifts from Dunfirmline  :roflanim:

I'm curious why they're suspending your account if none of these items appear on it...surely it would make more sense to check the specific reference numbers of the items delivered to you and find out whose account they're recorded against and if they're all the same one look into who that belongs to and what it's being used for... and suspend it.

Is it me or has the world gone mad?
It was me that requested suspension of the original account, Amazon have all the information relating to the items, they say they are investigating and will get back to me  :roflanim: not that I am overly  concerned as to the cause just the effect of the inconvenience.
SD you of all people know the world went mad sometime ago and is now run by the lunatics ( sorry loonies, just an expression )     :innocent:

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:16 am »
I know if I have signed something - because my signature is 'not checked' ;)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 07:48:04 pm »
Everyday a school day.
I had contact from Amazon today, and now I know what and how this has all come about.

Have you ever bought something from eBay or other seller  and the find your order arrives from Amazon ?
Well it so happens that say for example an eBay seller offers something at price £x  , some one buys it through the Ebay system and pays the seller.
If fact the seller doesn't physically have the item but has the time ( and usually Prime membership to cover delivery costs) to find and purchase the said item at price £<x and then has it sent direct from Amazon to the eBay purchaser.
 So Amazon dispatch to the address given by the eBay seller, simple yes  ? No , not when the eBay seller pastes my details into the Amazon delivery address field ( because he is  a unfamiliar with his software or other reason  )
Amazon now tell me that they have contacted the eBay merchant , but, and a big but , I may still receive shipments.  I have the option to contact the eBay merchant and return the goods ,but and I am sure this will amuse some of you.

Amazon cannot pass on the details of the eBay merchant , nor my details to the eBayer (methinks he may have them anyway ) "due to data protection regulations"   :roflanim:
 And if you think I am going to waste my valuable retirement trying to work out the identity of the unfortunate eBayer ...............  :innocent:

Looks like Christmas is sorted

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 08:16:55 pm »
Keep it and sell it on Ebay - or Amazon
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:27 pm »
Keep it and sell it on Ebay - or Amazon

:roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 06:28:33 pm »
Vape fluid arrived today ,and tomorrow  :knit: :knit:

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 08:52:10 pm »
Ah ha! That does make sense (in our mad world!).
eBay account is in my name, husband runs the Amazon prime show. For a birthday I found him a present at x price on Amazon and slightly more expensive on eBay, but purchased from eBay so that there would be no 'paper trail' and I'd know not to open in front of him.
Few days later, it arrived, "Something from Amazon?" "Must be for the kids or from my mum?"  he opened it. Surprise ruined.
Felt like such an idiot for paying extra money to have item arrive a day later than it otherwise would have.

Just list everything you get on here and we'll run an auction to top up your pension!  :roflanim:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 11:46:31 pm »
Vape fluid arrived today ,and tomorrow  :knit: :knit:

Ah well, the  :knit: :knit:  is for me - I'm still waiting for my order  :innocent:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2018, 05:37:13 pm »
 :thinking:  so I'm guessing there is another thread somewhere entitled  'where did my e-bay purchase go?'   :thinking:    :roflanim:
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »
I bags the next:
1) Macbook Pro;
2) iPhone; *
3) Chainsaw;
4) Chainsaw associated equipment;
5) Tractor;
6) Baler;
7) Haybob;

... :thinking:

*Too late, that went back  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS