Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shooting in Scotland  (Read 3190 times)

Sandy

Shooting in Scotland
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:07:40 pm »
OK, the time is drawing in, where can my son in law shoot in central Scotland? We were given a mobile no. but there is no answer, so many people say he can tag along to thier shoot but I cannot seem to get in contact....My daughter wants to buy her partner SHooting for his Chrissy pressie, he shoots at least once a week as he has loads of friends with land!! Please, he will travel up to 100 miles for a shoot and hopefully some food for us all!!

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
Re: Shooting in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 10:15:24 pm »
try Teases Estate, near Ceres, Fife

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »
Thanks, I will pass that on, he will travel up to 100 miles to shoot and we will eat what he shoots!!

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »
cowan's law, moscow, ayrshire

http://www.cowanslaw.com/
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 10:46:17 pm »
Thanks, he is looking forward to his trip and we are looking forward to the food (if its not too expensive) but he also wants to join an existing shoot, I was told of one but not got a contact number, I know clubs are preciouse and wary of strangers but it would be great to join some locals shooting rabbit etc!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »
Many shoots will be wary of strangers because of recent health and safety issues - they need Risk Assessments for their Insurance companies these days(we have to do all that for our Field Trials), so they might be reluctant to take a complete stranger out shooting with them.  Could he maybe get a letter from his own shoot Captain or an estate he shoots on by way of a recommendation?  I spoke to a couple today at the chemist, he is a gamekeeper, I asked if he could find out for you if Edd could shoot with the estate he works on.  He will put a note through your door if he can arrange anything.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:58:58 am »
He is going on a Deer stalking session too, that will be paid for, and the meat bought from the game larder, not sure how much just yet as there are plenty of choices. THanks Anne, I have rang a couple up too!!

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »
I would say the best person to contact would be Bill Black, email him at outdoors@absolutely-scotland.co.uk
Myself and my son shoot clays with Bill every month and he organises our yearly stalking trips, we've just returned from a wildfowling trip up north with him which was was amazing!
He's based near Stirling.
Also, for clay pigeon shooting you can try Cluny Clays just to the East of Dunfermline, they have a really good clay ground and gunroom or you can use the activity centre at Gleneagles hotel for clay shooting (bit pricey though).
Hope this helps.
Gordon.

bamford6

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:06:36 am »
Rothiemurchus  800 a gun with canapis or Dunachton do both best off scotland

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS