Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can I feed my pigs maize silage?  (Read 3954 times)

sarha

• Joined Jun 2010
  • East Sussex
Can I feed my pigs maize silage?
« on: September 17, 2010, 06:59:33 pm »
Hi question is in the subject line really!! TIA for any replies :)
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbour; catch the trade winds in your sails. -  Mark Twain

wendy Scu

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Herefordshire
  • Sosij - my first Kunekune
Re: Can I feed my pigs maize silage?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »
i fed it to mine for a whole winter when a farer renting our buildings had a lad to clear up. they loved it and got pretty fat on it!

sarha

• Joined Jun 2010
  • East Sussex
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »
Excellent! Thanks for the reply. Yay...keeps the costs down...going to mix it with their hard feed :)
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbour; catch the trade winds in your sails. -  Mark Twain

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 02:17:44 pm »
Excellent! Thanks for the reply. Yay...keeps the costs down...going to mix it with their hard feed :)
[member=4420]sarha[/member] just saw this old post and wondered how this worked out for you? I am considering doing the same with my pigs! Cheers!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS