The Accidental Smallholder Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Accidental Smallholder Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st September 2011.
What we collect
Depending on your use of the website and the services you access we may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information including your postcode
- Personal information including date of birth, location and gender
- Your general preferences and interests
We never ask for more information than we require to provide you with the services you request.
What we do with the information we gather
We request this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The maintenance of a registration database so we can operate a discussion forum.
- The maintenance of a database of events so our users can view information about events and contact event organisers for more information. All of the event information we publish is either in the public domain or has been verified by us to be accurate at the time of publishing.
- The maintenance of a database so that we can help owners of property to sell their property.
- The maintenance of a database of books including author information. All author information we publish is in the public domain.
- The maintenance of a newsletter subscription database to enable us to periodically contact you with information which we think you may find interesting or you have explicitly expressed an interest in.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes directly related to this website and the services it provides. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In order to enable us to provide you with a personalised browsing experience, this site uses ‘cookie’ information collection technology.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are sent to your computer when you enter a website. Cookies are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive, and they can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to this website, and to ascertain the most popular features of this website.
Please be aware that if you do disable cookies, certain services on this website may not be available to you and your enjoyment of this website may be impaired.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site we do not have any control over the destination website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting external sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement of the destination website to satsify yourself that you are comfortable using it.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When completing a form on this website, make use of the opt-out tick boxes to indicate your preference not to be contacted by The Accidental Smallholder Ltd.
- When completing a form on this website, do not supply any information you do not wish to be submitted to and used by The Accidental Smallholder Ltd.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you may change your mind at any time and contact us to communicate your preferences.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.