Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats For Sale, Scotland  (Read 15240 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: Goats For Sale, Scotland
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 09:48:44 am »
Hi Beth,

;) Cool...will wait to hear further from you.    I really wanted a kid now as I have one I've kept back this year and she's gonna be a bit lonely soon.     She's weaned and in next door to her Mum, but they still all go outside together at the mo.   In a very short time once rutting starts, she's gonna have to stay away from the buck, so was on the look out for a friend for who, but one who was no relation to mine....and something from a completely different line.....and Poplartime would be ideal  ;D

Luvly Jubly
Mx
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

christines

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 10:37:09 am »
Hi Beth

We'll be looking to buy a couple of goats for milking in January, we'd love 2 British Alpines, but we'd be happy with Toggenburgs too.  Do you think you'll have some available around that time?

We live on the Isle of Mull and we're moving house in November to somewhere with a lovely field perfect for goats (we have a holding number).  My husband's had goats before so he knows what he's doing - and I can't wait to learn.

Cheers
Sacha

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:32 pm »
Just wondered if there's any update Beth....................not that I'm getting excited or anything  ;D ;D ;D :goat:
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 10:16:08 pm »
Hi Mandy,

Update is, we missed out on Alan coming down as he was down last week! Was a bit too short notice to make him drop off another kid on the way down!

However, I am now thinking of coming down the weekend of the 23rd /24th October. It is the ANBS agm on Sunday, and I drop we could drop Spring off on Saturday, and go to the AGM on Sunday.

However, I can't gaurantee we will definitely come- there are family issues that might stand in the way. One is that my uncle is very ill, and my mother may be roped in to helping with him, which would mean I can't go away and leave the animals at the same time as her. Also, my sister is expecting again, and as she has a 2 year old, if she was to go into early labour, someone has to go off to look after him. #

That said, if all goes according to plan, we could be down in October.

christines-

More than happy to have a chat about the goats, we could keep them until January for you. If Rohana gets put into kid, we might need to be careful when we move her, as it can be risky at certain stages of prengancy. I will send you a personal message with our contact numbers so we can chat.

Beth

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 11:10:51 am »
Hi Beth - Ooooo lovely.   BUT, cos its half term that weekend, someone has only just booked the holiday annexe for over that weekend  :P :P.....darn it.     Let me know if that is going to cause you a problem  ???

Quite understand if plans change due to family reasons - it happens and family are important.    8)

Let me know if I can do anything from this end

BW
Mandyx
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 10:27:05 am »
Update for you Beth.   The person booked in the Annexe over the weekend of half term MIGHT be cancelling.....so it could be free for the Sat/Sun  ;D   No confirmation as yet, but will keep you posted.  ;)

Updated to add - Annexe now free that weekend.    ;D :goat:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:27:44 pm by Blinkers »
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

cindyg

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 12:07:36 am »
Hi just looking at your ad dated 16th Sept 2010.  Just wondered if you still have the British Alpine male and whether he might be for sale?  Look forward to hearing from you - my email address is
digbylaws368@btinternet.com
Thanks

cindyg

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 12:33:34 am »
Hi - you make mention of an Alpine billy you were using - if you need to find an excellent long term home for him then can help.  Please ring me on 07801 673 415, or alternatively if you know of any Alpine breeders in the North East UK please let me have details.   Am located North Yorkshire (Bedale).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS