Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goats For Sale, Scotland  (Read 15238 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Goats For Sale, Scotland
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »
Hi all,

We have a couple of goats for sale, due to only having a certain amount of space in our goatshed.

A British goatling (18months old) ready to be put in kid. She is nearly British Toggenburg, and if put to a British Toggenburg male, would have pure bred British Toggenburg kids. She is from an excellent milking line, her mother, grandmother and greatgrandmother were milk recorded, and all have produced over 2000litres of milk in 365days. She is pedigree, and could be shown, and could have very nice kids.

If required we could put her in kid before she was sold, however this would be to a British Alpine male, as we don't have a British Toggenburg male this year.

You must have a holding number, and she must have company- either you have goats already, or we could provide a British Toggenburg or an Anglo-Nubian female kid for company for her.

Also possibly for sale, as mentioned above a well bred pedigree British Toggenburg female kid, and a well bred pedigree Anglo-Nubian female kid. Both suitable to be shown.

We are located in Central Scotland, could deliver if you do not have transport for share of fuel cost.

Beth

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: Goats For Sale, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:13:33 pm »
have you any pics??

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:19:42 pm »
I do of both the kids, don't think I have any of the goatling, but I can take some. I will need to resize the pics I have of the kids anyway- will post them soon.

Beth

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:34:05 pm »
thank you

firefly541

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:17:50 pm »
Hello Beth,
We are now for a while looking for another goat: we goat a single female goat and she is lonely. Our household has also grown  and we need more milk. We are not interested in pedigree and shows as long as we have a good milker! We  would not know which is the best combination to breed her with. We can collect her.
Maryse Anand
Culdees
Boreland Farm
Fearnan by Aberfeldy
01887 830519
 :goat: :goat: :goat:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:43:08 pm »
Pictures attached

Ladeside Ladyrohana Goatling born 17/3/2009 (pics taken today)

Ladeside Ladyluma Kid born 11/4/2010 (pic taken today)

Ladeside Ladyluma Kid born 11/4/2010 (pic taken in August at Black Isle show)

Ballingall Spring Kid born 28/3/2010 (pic taken May)

Ballingall Spring (pic taken today)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:21:42 pm »
Wish I could have a goat or two - love Luma!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 09:28:42 pm »
i like spring what a lovely face and ears to die for

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 07:09:35 am »
Beth, your goats look lovely. Its a shame you are the opposite end of the country to me. When was your anglo nubian born? I posted a wanted a little while ago and was lucky enough to find two four month old nubians quite near to me. I would have liked an in- kid second timer with this years kid. They are not easy to find around here and when my children found out, they wanted youngsters! We have a female and a whether, so that I only breed from one in a couple of years time.As a plus I am going to get another breed of goat altogether, same setup two goats, one as a pet and one to breed from. I quite fancy toggenburg, your young lady looks perfect, if only you were closer I would be there like a shot. Hope she goes to a lovely home soon.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

Dundonald hens

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:30:56 pm »
how much are they and where are you ?

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 11:41:37 am »
Hello all,

firefly541, Rohana is not in milk yet and wouldn't be until she has kidded in the spring. You mentioned you have another goat, what kind is she and is she horned or not horned?

Thanks for the kind comments, I am actually in no rush to sell Spring, but am just being mindful of the fact that food prices are supposed to be shooting up over the winter. Spring was born on the 28th March, buddy. I did have her mum, a 2nd kidder AN available as well, but I have a young man who is going to take her now in the beginning of December. The Toggenburgs and AN's do seem to mix well, we have kept both breeds together now for 30 years!

Dundonaldhens, we are outside Falkirk, the nearest village is called Avonbridge. If you look at my profile, you will see a map of where we are.

We are looking for £100 for Rohana (the goatling) as she is. If she was to go after being served by the billy (normal stud fee £35) she would be £120.

The kids would be £80 each.

Beth

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 03:52:32 pm »
Hiya Beth - what breeding is "Spring" please? 

Ta
Mandy
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 07:23:03 pm »
Hi Mandy,

Spring is out of a homebred milker, Ballingall Surf *, and by Kilbarchan Moonraker BrCh.

Surf is a nice, very big, old fashioned type of AN, and Spring is very like her in body shape. She has a reasonable udder, and is very easy to milk, milks well, but is inclined to have a short lactation.
Raker is a gorgeous boy, very nice natured for an entire male. He has all his certificates to become a full champion and is just waiting on some more daughters achieving milking awards- I have 3 daughters who will be kidded next year, so by May 2011 he should be a full champion.

Kilbarchan Moonraker- Sire- Poplartime Apollo. Dam- Mellan Moneypenny.
Ballingall Surf- Sire Poplartime Czaravitch. Dam- Ballingall Storm

Oh- and I am coming down to Stoneleigh this coming Saturday if that helps!

Beth

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 07:58:32 pm »
Hi Beth,

Thanks for info.    Would definately like to buy her (I missed out on your 'Cream'  ;) ).   Have looked at multimap and Stoneleigh would be about 4+ hrs drive from here - with a trailer - and at this time of year its just not possible to be away from the farm that long.   Lots of pigs to feed, goats to milk  ;D, ducks, chooks, turkeys and geese to shut in pre sunset  :(           Any other trips planned ? ;D    I can get to the Bridge without too much problem (takes us about 2 1/4 hrs with trailer = 5 hour round trip which I can do).....and by Bridge I mean the Severn Bridge  ;)

If you feel like a couple of days away, we have a holiday Annexe you would be MORE THAN WELCOME to use and come and have dinner with us in the evening  :D   Yep - trying to bribe you now.  I sooooooo want one of your ANs to add to my herd.  Understand if impossible, but have a think.    PM me if you'd rather  :)

BW
Mandy
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 10:57:46 pm »
Let me see what I can do Mandy. There are a couple of possibilities- one is that Alan Mann was looking at bringing up a Friarlea male kid, and I'm not sure if he has done that yet or not. I may have to come down myself in the next 2 months for a family thing to Malvern, so it wouldn't be too much further. The third possibility is that if all else fails, I could come down for a day or two!

Will let you know what I can do- it might be worth considering that we might have other AN's available in the spring?

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS