Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A BIG HUGE THANK YOU  (Read 4382 times)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
A BIG HUGE THANK YOU
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:13:52 am »
i just want to thank each and everyone of you for this wonderful site, im having a great time reading the posts and have gained so much knowledge in the short time i have been on here,
you are all so friendly and welcoming, it is so nice to chat to like minded folk.
we move to are first small holding next friday, and we cant wait, i am already thinking about my veg plot, some lambs next spring and poss a couple of pigs.
being on here and being to ask questions will make it so much easier.
so once again

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
Re: A BIG HUGE THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 11:17:59 am »
I totally dispise moving, too much stress involved   :D

Best of luck in your new venture

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:21:22 am »
thank you im to excited to be stressed,

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:23:15 am »
I can imagine   :D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:41 am »
Glad you like us  ;D Good luck with the flitting - any stress is temporary and it will be worth it. :pig: :sheep:

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:41 am »
I just love the idea of moving and although I love where I am and should be staying long long time, I still love looking at properties and seeing what others have, my imajination runs away with me so, I shall be watching your posts and get excited with you. We chose a removal firm to move us the 40 miles from a rented house to this one and the only thing that went wrong is the removal company did not have enough room for all our things so we left 2 things behind and I broke a lamp due to cramming it into the car, AND we ended up with an old, but worthless, oil painting!!! good luck and just lay back and enjoy  ( :) )

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 12:34:08 pm »
thank you we have decided to move ourselves got a quote from a removal company (i nearly fell through the floor!!!!!!!) so we decided to be cheapskates and diy it, it will be character building, were only moving 15miles the amount the removal company wanted would feed my horses for the winter, i have got eric gillies moving the horses you can tell where my priorities lie ha ha ha

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:26 pm »
Best thing too, just need strong arms and lots of helpers Oh an some big vans!!!! When we moved up to Scotland we only had ourselves so had to have a company and of course, moving from Leicestershire to Scotland we also had a company,now they were fantastic and professional and not too expensive but the one I am talking about I was amazed nothing got broken, plant pots were dumpted on top of soft furnishings, Steves bike on top of everything!!! the van was crammed AND the owner double booked so they had to work without a break, only one chap was allowed a glass of water!!!!! amazing..................good luck...Oh, I did what everyone tells you on one move, made up a box for the car with kettle, pack up, posh bickies, first aid kit, scissors tea, coffee milk etc and guess what, that went off packed first into the removal van by mistake and it was of course te very last thing out...how I was longing for a cuppa!!!!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 07:47:38 pm »
Glad we can be of help - hope all goes well with your move.  My daughter split their Victorian house into two flats and moved downstairs to the garden one while the ground floor was being finished off - they got in a removal firm to take everything down! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »
horse transport company have been in touch the horses are moving to the new house thurs teatime, i have got bedding and feed being delivered the new house tomorrow, im meeting them there so i can put the beds down ready to settle horses in on thurs, vans are booked for thurs partners son is coming up on thurs to help us, and my partner is due home tomorrow, just in time to move, oh im getting excited now, and nervous, always nervous when im moving my big mare as she has clastrophobia when travelling(not in a stable just when travelling) she loves travelling but cant handle being tired up so she is having a loose box in the wagon, i will settle when i know she is ok,
so action stations starts tomorrow.

oh cant wait  ;D ;D ;D :wave:

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »
Where are you moving to Faith.  Hope all goes well for you and yours
Cheers Helen

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:23:50 pm »
hi thank you, just outside buckie, moray. will have a cracking view of the sea and lovely countryside round us, cant believe its happening  :o

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »
hi thank you, just outside buckie, moray. will have a cracking view of the sea and lovely countryside round us, cant believe its happening  :o
Don't forget to pay a visit to the spotty bag shop at Banff - half an hour from you.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:10 pm »
will visit it when im in the area, dare  i ask what they sell? or is that a daft question?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:54 pm »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS