Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hebridean ram for sale near St Cyrus  (Read 1501 times)

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Hebridean ram for sale near St Cyrus
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:47:26 pm »
My three year old Hebridean ram is up for sale (booked in for Thainstone rare breeds on 1st September). I have retained relatives of his in the flock and no longer have the facilities to tup two separate groups of ewes.
I bought him as a lamb at foot with a registered ewe, but as the breeder hadn't birth notified or registered him, he is unregistered.
He is a cracking example, with a good solid frame and excellent horns, though has a little grey coming through as he ages.
He was champion in the first ever northern short tailed class at Keith show as a shearling, in a strong class.
He is halter broken and quiet, he is just wary enough of people to keep back and not be a headbutter, but will come to a bucket and once penned is easily haltered and walks nicely on a lead.
He is on the heptavac p program and gets boosters in September or thereabouts.
If anyone is interested, he is available to view, or purchase before or at the rare breed sale. Price negotiable.
Please pm if you have any questions or would like more (better?!) photos.
Thanks for looking

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Hebridean ram for sale near St Cyrus
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:11:45 pm »
If you are coming up to Thainstone would I be able to buy another 3 lambs of you and collect them at outside the mart.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 10:05:54 pm »
If you are coming up to Thainstone would I be able to buy another 3 lambs of you and collect them at outside the mart.
Absolutely, would it be wethers you are after or are you not fussy? I have a choice of 14 wethers born in April or 3 mixed sexes born at the end of June (had some ewes not covered the first time and then the rams were running with them again!) Let me know which you would prefer and I'll bring them up for you

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 09:26:42 am »
Could try females for a change, PM me prices

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 03:32:25 pm »
If you only have one female it will have to be wethers as one female might cause them to fight.

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 12:53:45 pm »
Testament to his quality, that's another 3 of his lambs sold to a repeat customer.
Facebook has reminded me of his show winning photograph recently too.

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS