Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Xeno 200  (Read 6405 times)

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Xeno 200
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 06:59:31 am »
a whole lot of thedrugs are used in humans to. though i would be worriedat some of the colours of the antibiotics.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 10:09:53 am »
a whole lot of thedrugs are used in humans to. though i would be worriedat some of the colours of the antibiotics.
Don't fancy using the wormers either, Paul ;) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:42 pm »
if i had the need im sure i would swallow my doubts. but it makes sense that a lot of vet medicine is going to use human. it costs millions to produce new drugs so if they are safe on us they may well be safe on the animals.

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:23:57 pm »
OK,

Well I hear what you are saying, but most smallholders are not qualified pharmaceutical experts, able to make such decisions on the safety or otherwise of certain chemicals or the correct dosage or the withdrawl period.

If administered or prescribed by a Vet than that is fine and reasonably safe, and his liability insurance will cover him for any ill effects to livestock or people.

Surely, nobody in their right mind would use an unlicenced product that they alone decided was safe without professional advice (or prescription) and then go on to sell their eggs / meat to the public? and also recommend that others do the same....

My final words on the subject, as Im sure you will use what you want at the end of the day, and if the infestation is that bad then there are approved commercial products available to treat large areas.

Thanks

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:56:12 pm »
agreed. i was not surporting the use of off pescrition drugs. just that a lot are the same drug by another name. it would be very risky to treat an animal with any med that was not intended for that use. if a vet does use un tested drugs i don't think they are covered by there insurance its an understood that the animal has problems that need urgent treating. they are usual a last chance option.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS