Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Foot sore  (Read 2145 times)

Tommahawk

• Joined Jun 2018
Foot sore
« on: June 20, 2018, 06:02:30 pm »
Hi, one of my zwartble rams is limping slightly, I’ve had a look and their Is a small sore one rear of the groove. My wife picked up some net tex septiclense, will this be ok to treat it?, I’m new to keeping.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Foot sore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:12:17 am »
Septiclense is a good first line of defence, although they do a ‘Foot master’ one which is - some say - slightly more effective for feet.

Keep an eye on him though.  If the Septiclense doesn’t do the trick he might need antibiotics.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:35:35 am »
It’s not CODD is it? Just your description of a sore makes it sound like that- google it and if it’s that I’d get the vet to look.

I never had much luck with septiclense but blue antibiotic spray from the vet is great for feet. We have just started using yellow Taf spray too and seems to be getting good results.

Tommahawk

• Joined Jun 2018
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:12:38 pm »
Hi, thanks for your comment. I’ve looked that up online and it doesn’t look anything like that. The sore bit is between the pads but towards the rear.

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 03:47:56 pm »
Have a look at interdigital fibroma

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 05:07:52 pm »
Sounds like scald, spray with Terramycin and should clear up in a few days

Tommahawk

• Joined Jun 2018
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 05:30:51 pm »
Sounds like scald, spray with Terramycin and should clear up in a few days

That’s what I thought, but am not 100%. I’ve used battles foot care on it now. So I need a prescription for Terramycin?

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
You can only get it from vets but it shouldn’t be an issue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS