Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agricultural Entrance  (Read 1827 times)

alfi-b

• Joined Apr 2018
Agricultural Entrance
« on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:43 pm »
I have an entrance at the bottom of one of my fields from a bridlepath which comes from a tarmacked 20 or 30 metre back entrance to a few properties. Now tractors have got bigger and the properties on either side of the little road have moved their fences out a few inches I can't ask my friendly farmer to go in that way to deliver hay or collect the muck heap. Can I make another entrance through my garden- it would be off a small village road and there is no kerb. ( I have already used it but now want to hardcore it). When planning permission was applied for to extend the house we also applied for a new driveway there as better vision up and down the road and we were told that was ok providing we closed the old one in front of our house off. And ripped out a big hedge and a few trees. I don't want to do that but would just like to use the new drive for agricultural purposes. Do you think that will be okay or will it bring the council down on my head?

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Agricultural Entrance
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 04:52:38 pm »
I would just do it in a low key and unobtrusive  fashion  :innocent: If you've already been using it, and are now only going to hardcore it, then I can't see that it should make any difference to anyone. The planners only get alerted to changes if it's in an obvious position so they can't help but notice, or else if a neighbour complains. It doesn't sound as if that's likely in your case.

In addition, if you've been using your alternative entrance for more than 4 years without any action being taken by the council, then you have established a lawful right to carry on using it. (Look up CLEUD - certificate of lawful use or existing development.) 
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS