Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tree Protection info for Doganjo  (Read 2218 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Tree Protection info for Doganjo
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:37:40 pm »
I have put this on a new thread, because we had hijacked someone's house for sale thread, and gone on to other subjects.

This is a link to the tree page at our local council.  It would appear that its not just mature oak trees etc. that are protected!!

http://www.highpeak.gov.uk/culture/trees/tree_protection.asp#Question4

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Tree Protection info for Doganjo
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:06 am »
Thanks, Roxy, mine are beech and that's a variety that is notorious for dropping branches, so I need to know if I can just pollard them or take them down altogether.  If it was down here it's be fine, but they are on my (hopefully) building plot 150 miles away.  Going up there next week to see our puppies so will have a look at them myself.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:21:47 am »
Many moons ago I had a dead Beech. Protected. Had to have the Council Tree Bod out to say it was dead, then they sent a couple of other tree bods to agree it was dead and then I had to pay for it felling. This was in West Yorkshire.
Currently involved with another plot of land in South Yorkshire with firs on it. Council Tree Bods consulted again. Only some of them can be felled, a couple are protected.
I think you need to talk to the Council, unless you're so remote that no-one will hear it fall  ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 08:34:12 am »
THis is timely! We'd better check before we start felling some of ours.

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:15:45 pm »
tree preservation orders and a register of all applications for tree works are in the planning department
 i have  a few sheets of info if anyone would like me to email it over pm me.    tree orders come under  the town and country act 1990 [c.8] which merans it is an offence to cut down lop top uproot wilfully damage or destroy a tree  without prior consent of the local planning authority and they will prosectute...lots

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:09:17 pm »
I have just had confirmation from the environment department of the relevant Scottish council that owners are always notified if a council intends to place a TPO on any trees on someone's land.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS