Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Im back...  (Read 5053 times)

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
Im back...
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:20 am »
I never really went away i just stopped posting! ive still been visiting and reading most days tho :)

My life has changed and i suppose gone round full circle since i last posted... im now single and dont have any animals at all... not even goldfish!

Following the death of my dad in May ive moved back in with my mum for a bit so have access to a small veggie garden and have started some carrots and parsnips in pots, im guessing im way too late for them to grow but thought id give it a go!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Sandy

Re: Im back...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:27:09 am »
Morning, I keep posting but sometimes have more to say than others and with your change in circumstances can quite understand, our brains can only take so much, well mine can. Anyway, get your winter veg in and you will enjoy a good Christmas dinner with your home grown stuff. I did have an allotment some years ago and it was behind my back garden so ideal but boy was it FULL of weeds so we gave up, no time, no energy and no interest...that was then, working on the land, however small,even crowning in pots, is so rewarding and appeals to our base instincts....keep digging

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:52:15 am »
Hi Stephen and nice to see you back on here. From time to time life can be cruel and tough but eventually, as you say, they go full circle and the sun starts to shine again. I'm sure we have all been there, hope you are enjoying your new life. :)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:03 am »
Hi, Stephen. Remind me - did you have oriental cats or am I thinking about someone else? Old age doesn't come alone  ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:20:31 am »
Good to have you back, Stephen. Even if your life has changed and you are on your own again you still have loads of friends to chat to on here - and perhaps you'll be able to have those 6 acres you dreamed of one day.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:24:53 am »
Welcome back  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:44 am »
Sandy - Thanks im hoping they grow but if not i can raid mums veggies!

James - its a cliche but i dont think ive ever been happier... i feel like i know what im doing and where im going and how im going to get there... if that makes sense!

Rosemary - my ex partner bread cats... Oriental, siamese, bengal, persian, BSH.... I have no idea what has become of his cattery or the cats as we no longer speak. I miss them like mad tho and wish i could see them from time to time. Mum has half adopted next doors cat tho.. she has started letting him in the house.. well he has invited himself in but she dosent shooo him back out!

Doganjo - hello, im only 26 so ive got plenty of time to work towards the 6 or so acres! it is still a dream for me but one i will work towards and hopefully one day...

JulieS - Thanks  :)

Thanks all for the warm welcome back  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 05:30:04 pm »
Well, life's not a rehearsal so you just have to go for it, don't you? That's what I keep telling our  builder  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »
Hi Jamie, sorry for your loss, every journey starts with a single step, sounds like you are well along the road, lovely to see you back.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:53 am »
thats very true rosemary... if you spend you life worrying about other people and what they might think you have no time to live your own!

thanks for the welcome back Hilarysmum... im Stephen by the way not Jamie lol  ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 10:42:04 am »
Sorry Stephen   :o   bad hair day  >:(

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:56 am »
no worries! it gave me a smile on a very wet and miserable morning!  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:47 am »
Maybe thinking ahead of the game ;D  Perhaps you'll take over where Jamie leaves off?  Become a Country Chef maybe?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 11:21:24 am »
Do you mean Jamie Oliver doganjo? i tend to experiment in the kitchen more than cook! i wouldnt mind his money tho but then again money cant buy happiness! 

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:07 pm »
Maybe you're more Heston than Jamie?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS