Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: house in lincolnshire for sale  (Read 9163 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: house in lincolnshire for sale
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:08 pm »
Sandy we work 7 days a week, minimum of 16 hours a day plus have to fit in the time for looking after all the animals. We take 3 weeks off in January but have no plans to go away next January because we can't afford it. However, it is a life we chose and still love it, without the business could never have had all these pets.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:44:23 pm »
I know of a beautiful house coming up for sale just outside Clackmannan - one and half acres sectioned off into paddocks, with loads of outhouses, some stone built, some wooden, all in great condition.   Kitchen, bathroom, separate WC, 3 double bedrooms, dining room, large Lounge, conservatory.  Ideal for smallholding or B & B - no near neighbours, 5 minutes from village.

Will pass on any interest, Just let me know.

Just to add also ideal for running boarding kennels/cattery and would also add that it is a beautiful house in a beautiful location. My god Annie I think we should be on commission. ;)
Anyway, competition is healthy.  But I think you are right James, certainly suited to a business of some sort - only 3 bedrooms, Sandy, so don't worry. ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »
My god Annie I think we should be on commission. ;)
Will you ask or shall I? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 05:59:43 pm »
I have found it very hard to get cleaned up properly the last few days, we get interruptions ALL the time and no time to sort out the animals as I want, our only luxury is taking the dogs out at night, I bet we miss lots of trade by going after 6.00pm....We had the minister around last night and kept getting interrupted...well as you said, we chose this life but I had much more spare cash when I went to work, mind you, I love meeting people.....not a lot of money in just B&B, a one night stay is not always worth all that extra effort, we love our contracotrs, out at 6-7am, room only, back to the pub then quiet as mice by 10.00pm.....thats what we like...B&B people want travel advice, personal advice, leave the doors open, want to do thier washing etc etc...off for walkies now in the rain..sorry...no more moaning...promise  ;) Anyway, a cattery is far more economic or dog breeding, thats what I would use it for, a cattery that is..shame we have no extra cash!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:36:00 pm by Sandy »

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 09:36:47 pm »
James..it's funny this year, we have been busy and I am stressed but far less money, not sure why???

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:27 pm »
Have you cut your room rate Sandy?

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:33 pm »
No, still the same, we have no en suit, we plan to put one in but need some extra cash first, we are thinking of a Jack and Jill, we will have the money when our lab has her second lot of pups, she looks healthy enough to have another litter..then we have a HUGE garage that we would LOVE to convert into a self contained unit and it should not cost more than £20.000..where is the money god when you need it????

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 12:19:56 am »
The house in Clackmannon sounds nice - especially not having near neighbours.  Does parcels of land come up for sale in the area?  Unfortunately we would need a few acres to keep all our livestock on.  Land down here goes for sky high prices, even without a house.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 12:34:54 pm »
That place has woodland all around it, so no likelihood of extra land.  There are some woodlands for sale a few miles away - closing date is today, but there was a lot of interest I was told so didn't bother offering. Land on its own is rare - mostly woodland, but I suppose you could cut the trees to make clearings

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 01:52:53 pm »
Oooh....tree cutting?  Most of our trees have TPO's on them, and woe betide anyone who cuts any down. 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »
Oooh....tree cutting?  Most of our trees have TPO's on them, and woe betide anyone who cuts any down. 
Does the owner get informed if a TPO is slapped on trees?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 05:38:56 pm »
I Do not think so.  We can log on to the council website and it tells you if the trees are protected, but to be honest, as to WHICH trees they refer to, well, it would need clarifying.  We had an ash tree, at the corner of the lane, and the roots were going under my stone stable.  Because it was near the lane, and public access etc. I got a proper tree feller in.  He made me check with the council that it was not one of the protected ones, before doing the job. 

I think it may be a case of them to know and us to find out, so the responsibility is with the owner of the tree to check.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 11:13:34 pm »
May be different in Scotland but any idea what department I should ask?

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2010, 12:21:19 am »
look on the council website  fairly easy to find the right dept.you can download the forms from there as well. HUGE fines if you cut one down  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS