Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just a heads up on a new forum - now with link! lol  (Read 16077 times)

The.Grange

Just a heads up on a new forum - now with link! lol
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:18 pm »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:36:24 am by The.Grange »

old ploughman

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Just a heads up on a new forum.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »
Is it me?? I cannot see a link or even a web address,

regards

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: Just a heads up on a new forum.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »
must be one of those secret societies !!!  Funny handshake brigade  ::) ;D ;D

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Just a heads up on a new forum - now with link! lol
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:39 pm »
Is that the same Little Blue on there that's on here?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:49:22 pm »
I would think so judging by reading her post!

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:20 pm »
 :oFunny handshake?  I don't remember doing one of those when I joined that forum!!!  And it is certainly not a secret society now, is it!!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:24 pm »
It is for actual ::) smallholders and small farmers

LOL! That's me out then!!

Each to their own of course, but one of the things I like best about this forum is that nobody's ever looked down their nose at us for the fact that our smallholding currently consists only of a quartet of chickens, and one 3mx2m raised bed!!  Sure, we have grand plans for the future, but hanging around here has had a big influence in how those plans have formed, and has encouraged us that it might just be possible to make this work in the future. So, maybe I should just save link for later then eh? ;-)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:55:42 pm »
Womble, there is nothing wrong with starting small ......some people go all out, buy a big place, lots of animals, etc. etc.  then it all goes wrong for some reason.  Seen it happen time and time again.

This forum is for SMALLholders after all.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 12:18:43 am »
Womble, there is nothing wrong with starting small ......some people go all out, buy a big place, lots of animals, etc. etc.  then it all goes wrong for some reason.  Seen it happen time and time again.

This forum is for SMALLholders after all.
  I've said it before and I'll say it again no doubt, smallholding is a state of mind not an area of ground
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 04:49:29 am »
I spent my life farming and just because I now dabble in animals dosnt mean I have less intention or ambition.

how to alianate your self in one easy lesson  ::)

The.Grange

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 11:28:28 pm »
It is for actual ::) smallholders and small farmers

LOL! That's me out then!!

Each to their own of course, but one of the things I like best about this forum is that nobody's ever looked down their nose at us for the fact that our smallholding currently consists only of a quartet of chickens, and one 3mx2m raised bed!! 

It's not meant as a negative statement - and i'm sorry if you read it that way. 

It is a fact that many people making a living or trying to off their land don't have a meeting place to arrange help with other people in the same boat, its difficult to organise a load share of spuds or collection point, machinary share when the forum is swamped with well meaning folk and busy small farm farmers don't have much time to trawl through pages of chatter,  there are several other forums such as TAS which service that, this forum is to service a differing need - its not meant to be exclusive its just meant to do as it says on the tin  :farmer:

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 05:44:19 am »
The forum says:
"A forum for folk in the Midlands and North of likeminded people, who want to get back to nature by growing their own food, raising their own meat, making their own, making do and mend, exploring their crafting abilities and putting the land back into do i"

(I have mis-copied, that's how it ends)

The.Grange, I think it was the actual that caused concern.

The.Grange

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 10:49:22 am »
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:38:11 am by The.Grange »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 11:21:35 am »
The forum says:
"A forum for folk in the Midlands and North of like-minded people, who want to get back to nature by growing their own food, raising their own meat, making their own, making do and mend, exploring their crafting abilities and putting the land back into do i"

(I have mis-copied, that's how it ends)

The.Grange, I think it was the actual that caused concern.

i get where the inferred slight comes from SteveMo - but I can't pander to every possible interpretation of whats written, the reader will read into whats written anyway they feel on thatparticular day ;)
I agree that the word 'ACTUAL' is the problem. That is NOT what it says on the tin - it is yourself Grange that has taken that interpretation.  Reading the quote it appears they have the same criteria as ourselves on this forum.  Like-minded people, getting back to nature, no mention of smallholding being an area of half an acre, 25 acres, or just a back garden - you can grow vegetables on a balcony in a flat - as I said it is a state of mind.  We do what we can to keep the environment safe, to eat well, to eat locally, and to know what we eat, and what is being fed to what we eat..

The.Grange

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:31 am »
I agree that the word 'ACTUAL' is the problem. That is NOT what it says on the tin - it is yourself Grange that has taken that interpretation.  Reading the quote it appears they have the same criteria as ourselves on this forum.  Like-minded people, getting back to nature, no mention of smallholding being an area of half an acre, 25 acres, or just a back garden - you can grow vegetables on a balcony in a flat - as I said it is a state of mind.  We do what we can to keep the environment safe, to eat well, to eat locally, and to know what we eat, and what is being fed to what we eat..

erm is that a personal attack?

I think you'll find as the forum is something I have close links with I know what and who its aimed at - the banner at the top of the forum is trying to be inclusive to those who are making a living off a small amount of land be that a couple of acres or 70.

It is not aimed at those keeping a few chickens or the odd bit of livestock whatever reasons - thats why I said ACTUAL - as in those actually working their land as a predominant part of their day and income. 

Now if you cna take offence at the word actual thatreally is an issue you must look to yourself and if you are that touchy then the forum really isnt the place for you.  And after this - TAS is not the place for me either.... friendly forum ... if your face fits obviously

oh and just for the record -  i did apologise IF the person had taken offence by the words used - obviously YOU chose to ignore that fact and make a personal attack...nice aren't you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:37:48 am by The.Grange »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS