Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tucking in  (Read 1650 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
tucking in
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:45:50 pm »
hope everyone is enjoying the hard work you have put in your veg garden over the spring?summer.
as said we are tucking nicely into our veg with close freinds and extended family Ummm.
not forgeting the lush pork that was also reared on this lovely smallholding.
langdon :D
Langdon ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: tucking in
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:50:18 pm »
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't ! ;D

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: tucking in
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:20:51 am »
I produce all but cheese and cook everything from scratch but when I was at the co op I saw a bottle of sticky bbq rib sauce by the till and bought one as I had got some belly pork for tea( bartered) It was awful, sugary syrupy cxxp. It is funny how your taste buds change when you grow your own. We bought a joint of beef on sale  a few weeks ago thinking it would do as sandwich meat,how wrong ..cat food. How is it possible to produce food with awful taste and people buy it again and again. I had a bag of crisps for the first time in a long while this weekend and all I could taste was sugar. People who produce processed food should be detoxed and then made to taste what they produce.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS