Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My garden  (Read 13913 times)

storm35

• Joined May 2010
Re: My garden
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:25 pm »
Don't give up,Storm!  Remember the old sayings - 'I love babies but couldn't eat a whole one' and 'slowly, slowly, catchee monkey'  Take your garden a bit at a time - I am trying to do that too.

Thank you, i will remember that saying lol, how very true it is. We will get there i guess.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:48:58 am »
Don't give up Storm. I look at mine every day & there is times I could very easily turn & run. A little at once works. I know. It has taken me months to get to the position I'm in & I still have so much to do. And that's only one garden, got the large one to sort yet   :(  I know I'll get there. Just gotta keep at it.
Living where I do Wiz I have some good fencing materials available to me. There is only one side to fence as there are walls on 3 sides. I'm gonna split it into 3 sections though.
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:14:14 pm »
Hey up Annie love I hate Fish - Babes and Italian crap (Pasta) in any order you like Tibetan Cow! ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 09:10:46 pm »
Don't give up Storm. I look at mine every day & there is times I could very easily turn & run. A little at once works. I know. It has taken me months to get to the position I'm in & I still have so much to do. And that's only one garden, got the large one to sort yet   :(  I know I'll get there. Just gotta keep at it.
Living where I do Wiz I have some good fencing materials available to me. There is only one side to fence as there are walls on 3 sides. I'm gonna split it into 3 sections though.

Thank you, i will get there, but i dont get much done with the weather, its constantly rained up here for days lol.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 07:49:36 am »
Hello Storm Not doing oat just tellin yer.It hasn't rained properly in Grimsby for weeks we had a miserable day last week and it rained 3m/m in my gauge over 2 days .YTV forcast rain for last Sunday Monday Tuesday and yesterday not a drop above 25C horrible and humid horrible.Lots of the farms  about here harvesting their barley and the rape is fit to cut.Awful dry is the ground and the sugar beet is gasping as are the potatoes that are not being irrigated so up will go the potato price in the supermarkets They're are scarce you know as their agents unload another boat load from Egypt or some where similar Did you read my post about Tom and the potato buyer last week? ??? The British Government do not want to support the farmers.They appear to want all farms made into play areas to many. ??? :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 04:08:57 pm »
Hello Storm Not doing oat just tellin yer.It hasn't rained properly in Grimsby for weeks we had a miserable day last week and it rained 3m/m in my gauge over 2 days .YTV forcast rain for last Sunday Monday Tuesday and yesterday not a drop above 25C horrible and humid horrible.Lots of the farms  about here harvesting their barley and the rape is fit to cut.Awful dry is the ground and the sugar beet is gasping as are the potatoes that are not being irrigated so up will go the potato price in the supermarkets They're are scarce you know as their agents unload another boat load from Egypt or some where similar Did you read my post about Tom and the potato buyer last week? ??? The British Government do not want to support the farmers.They appear to want all farms made into play areas to many. ??? :farmer:

That is shocking about the government eh? You think they would support the farmers.
Well it has rained upon rained here, today is dry, sun comes out of hiding every now and then. Am off for a weeks holiday tomorrow, so will get back to you all next week, will pop on tonight for a bit.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 06:25:35 pm »
Have a great time storm Hope you are not rained off Every where bar the Humber Estuary its raining It is clouding over though and some places I am getting reports that they have had enough rain ??? :farmer:

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 09:35:42 pm »
No rain here & only had a small amount recently. Could do with some though

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 10:19:06 pm »
Not rained here all day, so watch this space, i bet it pours where we are going and it suns at home lol.
See you all when i get back home, then i need to sort out and ask you things on the chicken front.
Chris xx

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 11:30:43 pm »
 :wave:  Enjoy your week away Chris   :wave:

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 07:18:15 am »
Hello Mick and Chris As I said storm hope it stays nice for you.We had a spot and I do mean a odd spot .Tell you the truth In my yard is a wooden shed it has an equal sided apex roof each side measures some 7ft X12'9" and I have a large bucket a 3 gallon size and I catch the rain? water for the hanging tomatoes baskets. There is approx, without I go and measure 2" in the bucket off that shed roof last night ??? :farmer:

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 07:45:37 am »
Are you friendly with a local farmer?  :farmer:  We are lucky to live next to a dairy farm and he ploughed my veggie garden for me.

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53:19 am »
Are you friendly with a local farmer?  :farmer:  We are lucky to live next to a dairy farm and he ploughed my veggie garden for me.

You took the words out of my mouth (well fingers anyway) This what I did too. You then have a big blank canvas, without all the hassle.

storm35

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 10:02:34 pm »
Hello folks, well back from holiday, we had a day of rain, the rest of the week was ok, we had 1 day where it was really hot, we all had a lovely time.
We live on a farm, but i am not sure if they would do the back for us, i have asked them how i go about doing it, but never offered, so i dont want to ask them.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 01:22:39 pm »
Hey Storm. If you don't ask you don't get. I'm a little cheeky with the farmer that owns my place & ask for all sorts of things  :)  I have repaired & painted a couple of things for him in return though. :)   I am just sorting out some pictures. I will open a new post then you can see the work I've got to come & the work I've done.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS