Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keeping pigs  (Read 2527 times)

Carroll

• Joined Oct 2017
Keeping pigs
« on: October 20, 2017, 05:24:47 am »
Hiya just wondered where i stand on keeping pigs i have roughly 5 acres they would have a paddock to their selves  ive been wanting them for a while however theres a couple of houses that back on to ours do they need to be away from them? They all say its agucultual land but been used for horses which don't come under that many thanks

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Keeping pigs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 02:06:03 pm »
Do they gave to use the part of the ground that backs on to neighbours? Can you put up some fencing/electric fencing to keep them in an area that isn't so close?
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Carroll

• Joined Oct 2017
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:51:04 pm »
I could however the neighbours all ganged up when we wanted to live there stating that they only wanted to see agricultural purpose use of the land we have post and rail for all the fencing but would electric tape it all to keep the pigs contained as they want the land to be agricultural we thought wed give them what they want as law states that horses are recriacal not agricultural which yes i am being horrible but they couldn't even see where the place would be built as it was a bungalow behind a 4mtr hedge

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 08:16:26 am »
I could however the neighbours all ganged up when we wanted to live there stating that they only wanted to see agricultural purpose use of the land we have post and rail for all the fencing but would electric tape it all to keep the pigs contained as they want the land to be agricultural we thought wed give them what they want as law states that horses are recriacal not agricultural which yes i am being horrible but they couldn't even see where the place would be built as it was a bungalow behind a 4mtr hedge

you can graze horses as agricultural, we do.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS