Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Retirement home  (Read 2236 times)

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
Retirement home
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:20:09 pm »
Any old collie needing a warm bed, secure garden, daily walks and lots of tlc? All my oldies have gone so just my 3yr boy left.  Happy to take in another oap, preferably bitch or neutered male
Perthshire

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Retirement home
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 07:53:51 pm »
aww lovely offer!  Try Freedom of Spirit Trust for Border Collies and Protecting Preloved Border Collies - both rescues will have old dogs wanting a friendly home and a fire to curl up in front of.  I know both are a distance from you but would be worth a journey.

edited to add Protecting Preloved have dogs in foster all over the country so some maybe nearer you.
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:41:03 am »
Have you found an oldie, Farmvet?

What a lovely offer to make.

I could pass on my neighbours details if you would like to have a chat with him.

He trains, trials and works and may have oldies looking for a caring home. They are outdoor dogs at the moment though so would take sometime to adjust to indoor life.

Mid Wales

farmvet

• Joined Feb 2014
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:11:17 pm »
Thanks old shep and in the hills.  I'll give those rescues a try and also border collie rescue.  Wales is a bit far but i'll bear it in mind.  Outdoor dogs are fine, I've taken in numerous oldies before and they settle quickly.  I have a kennel & run too so they can adjust slowly if they prefer. There's usually plenty locally but just young nutcases at the moment! I'd love to give them a new start too but my own young dog takes priority at the moment.

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:45 pm »
Old working dogs are really special in my opinion - don't expect much but are really happy in their own skin if you know know what I mean,  a total opposite to a pet border collie ending up in rescue. Make of that what you will!!
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS