NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Planning advice  (Read 890 times)


  • Joined Aug 2017
Planning advice
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:10:02 am »
Ive got a timber stable block built about 16 years ago
timber frame, timber clad, corrugated iron roof

Does anyone know if I can block around the existing structure in breeze blocks or if i need planning permission to do this?

No intention of making the building any bigger, just a skin of 6" concrete blocks then extend the tin roof over the new walls.
Voss Electric Fence


  • Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Re: Planning advice
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:50 pm »
Would need planning
If you put a skin on it you will enlarge the foot print
If you build to exact spec its classed as a new build


planning advice

Started by Orinoco

Replies: 3
Views: 2227
Last post May 02, 2014, 02:15:29 pm
by Young Ed
Planning advice

Started by Tracy mayoh

Replies: 4
Views: 1147
Last post August 18, 2017, 07:24:26 pm
by pharnorth
Planning software advice

Started by TJHutchison

Replies: 6
Views: 1194
Last post June 04, 2017, 04:01:27 pm
by greenbeast
Planning advice needed

Started by hnima

Replies: 12
Views: 2272
Last post August 27, 2017, 04:26:45 pm
by honeyend
planning advice North Wales

Started by Ghdp

Replies: 5
Views: 583
Last post December 05, 2019, 06:51:26 pm
by Ghdp

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS