Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Permitted development below 12.5 acres  (Read 4361 times)

matthewmoore3

• Joined Sep 2017
Permitted development below 12.5 acres
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:07:23 am »
Hi!

My grilfriend and I are on the lookout for some land around Totnes for permaculture, biodiversity, etc. We dont wish to engage in an attempt to get planning permission from the outset as weve seen what a load of hassle or nonsense it can be.

But we would like to live on the land temporarily and legally for as long as possible. I understand that above 12.5 acres it is permitted to live in mobile structures for 5 years setting up 'the business'/ agricutlural building etc ( it isnt a business, we just want to make a nice place to be, exist and share for us, other peopke and wildlife)

So we thought, ok, well move on the land, spend 5 years building something permanent to store tools and materials, etc and see from there.. enjoying the 5 years

But 12.5 acres is a lot to manage, and its expensive, and i dont want that much land. Id be happy with a couple of acres..

Is there any kind of permitted development/ways to live on site below 12.5 acres? Or is the only solution to find something secluded and quietly live there as long as possible?

Just looking for a bit of insight on potential options, thanks!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:10:10 am by matthewmoore3 »

greenbeast

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Permitted development below 12.5 acres
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:19:37 pm »
I understand that above 12.5 acres it is permitted to live in mobile structures for 5 years setting up 'the business'/ agricutlural building etc

This isn't true.

Is there any kind of permitted development/ways to live on site below 12.5 acres? Or is the only solution to find something secluded and quietly live there as long as possible?

Just looking for a bit of insight on potential options, thanks!

There are no agricultural permitted development on plots less than 12.5ac

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS