Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly cat  (Read 6195 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Poorly cat
« on: September 17, 2017, 01:28:04 pm »
Hi. Hope someone can advise me.
Friday our cat came in for his tea, moving slowly,  as if stiff. Ate some of his tea then went and curled up. Bedtime, hadn't moved. Ate a bit of his dried food. Saturday morning still curled up. Managed to get him into vets, who couldn't find anything wrong, said he was in good condition, thought he seemed uncomfortable round his back end, gave him an AB jab for urinary infection.
He got out in the afternoon, eventually found him curled up in the polytunnel. curled up again overnight but ate his meat this morning. Disappeared into his hidey hole again .
Any thoughts please? He has that grumpy look that says 'not well, leave me alone'

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Poorly cat
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:09:57 pm »
Maybe he's had a bump?  Perhaps some pain relief might help?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:11:28 pm »
9/10 these are CBAs

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »
Thankfully he seems much better tonight, actually purred and pushed his head against my hand  :)   :relief: .
Too far off the road for a bump, and he has sense to get well off the track when he hears a vehicle .
What is CBA?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:39:16 am »
Cat bite, nearly always a cat bite with that presentation. Finding it can be troublesome

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:20:44 am »
Thanks.
Don't think it will be a cat bite, no other marks on him apart from a little mark on his nose, so small OH hadn't seen it, and skin not broken.
He's much better, wanted to go out this morning,  but I'll keep him in a bit longer.
Been looking on the security camera, Friday afternoon he was eating something in the yard. Not focused enough to see what it was.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 09:45:50 am »
A toad might've given him bellyache.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 10:45:58 am »
If he doesn't look a lot better by later today, I'd ring the vet and tell them about that in case they want to check him again. 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 11:20:24 am »
Hi, thanks all,
I should have given an update, this was a couple of weeks ago, he was quiet for a few days, but back to his normal select now.
We don't seem to have toads up here, not sure whether frogs would make him Iill,  normally shrews and voles, and sadly occasional fledgling.  The ones we see anyway.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS