Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mincer and Sausage stuffer recommendations?  (Read 5159 times)

halfwaytothegoodlife

• Joined Sep 2017
Mincer and Sausage stuffer recommendations?
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:04:08 pm »
I have tried a few times making my own sausages and have used the hand crank kilner mincer and stuffer and what a waste of time that was. I have also tried using an electric mixer with an attachment and found the mixer to struggle a bit. Is there a mincer/stuffer out there or even two separate machines that work well consistently but wont cost me the earth. I am very new to this and the most successful method i used soo far was getting a butcher to mince my meat and using a piping bag to fill the cases. TIA

In the UK if this makes a difference?

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: Mincer and Sausage stuffer recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 03:32:26 pm »
I have just gotten this one of ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andrew-James-Electric-Meat-Grinder-Mincer-Sausage-Maker-Machine-in-Black/282071065371?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And I will be trying it out on Thursday to make duck sausage. It will be our first attempt at making sausages.  :sausage:

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 05:12:10 pm »
I have just gotten this one of ebay

We've got one of those. :-)

We use it to mince chickens including bones, and it does a great job.

One tip - do not put any of the metal parts in your dishwasher except the blades - unless they've changed the spec, the other parts lose their protective coating in the dishwasher.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:32:50 pm »
We got something similar from Next Day Catering. So good the local pub borrow it for Burns night.  Btw - don't expect next day delivery :-)

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 09:04:49 pm »
So I used that mincer on Muscovy ducks and it was a pain the ass.

Fascia kept getting caught in the blade and in the plate (the bit with holes in). It flew through the hearts I was mincing though. It took only a couple of minutes to do 18 duck hearts.

It did do a bit of the meat but I kept having to stop to sort it out and to be honest I gave up and have saved the rest of the diced meat for pies and frying dishes.

Mincing wise, it turned out more like paste. When making sausages it doesn't really matter and because I had already minced it I could just push it through without the blades and plate.

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 11:31:06 pm »
I have tried a few times making my own sausages and have used the hand crank kilner mincer and stuffer and what a waste of time that was. I have also tried using an electric mixer with an attachment and found the mixer to struggle a bit. Is there a mincer/stuffer out there or even two separate machines that work well consistently but wont cost me the earth. I am very new to this and the most successful method i used soo far was getting a butcher to mince my meat and using a piping bag to fill the cases. TIA

In the UK if this makes a difference?

Look out( check on line )  for an electric mincer / stuffer in Lidl & Aldi .... they come on sale this time of the year @ approx £40 with the tools . Do read & understand the safety & operating instruction several times before using it .

We have had one for 4 or 5 years . it's really good ,  put sausage meat mixed with herbs & rusk etc through two or three times once it is mixed up  to get a real butchers class made sausage .

We must have made close on 100 or so pounds of sausages with it  ,  20or so of salami and many pounds of all manner of minces .

Wischenfelder on line  is a good point to buy smallish packs of seasonings & skins from as well as strong vac pack heat sealing bags .
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
Our set up is from Weschenfelder - there's a big variety of machines from great to small. Ours is a hefty mincer and a separate 5kg stuffer.  We use it for hogget sausages, mostly using mince the butcher has already put through his machine.  I mix in the extras and put it through again.  Today I will be using the mincer for unminced shoulder, so we'll see how that goes.
Weschenfelder are great quality, worth investing in if the equipment will be in use for years.  We previously had a small plastic stuffer which was pathetic.  They are also very helpful with advice on making sausages in general.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

farmers wife

• Joined Jul 2009
  • SE Wales
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 07:57:37 am »
I agree with Fleecewife.... I have electric mincer and stuffer from Weschenfelder.  The mincer did cost around £200 but its built for the job.  The sausage stuffer is Italian branded and works well think that was around £70.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 09:02:02 am »
I recently bought original Kenwood minder with sausage attachement (brand new) on amazon for £50, I.e. half price
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS