Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Holding number?  (Read 2328 times)

almostsmallholder.fs

• Joined Sep 2017
Holding number?
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:01:30 pm »
I am looking to get 6 sheep to keep in our paddock with our 2 horses.  Will I need a holding number and flock number?

My parents have a holding nBerkshire for their chicken shed in Scotland (we'recommend living in England) I presume we won't be able to use that?

I'd appreciate any advise!

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Holding number?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »
Yes you will need a CPH number and a flock number. Phone your local animal health office and they will advise you.

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 06:31:39 pm »
CPH - county/parish/holding number - so you will need one for your holding or it wont be relevant to where you keep your sheep. You wont be able to get sheep without one because all movements are licenced and it requires the departure and receiving CPH's to be completed. The flock number is also relevant to you and your flock. All down to traceability and disease control. You will be breaking the law without them.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »
Its a very simple process, just phone your animal health up. I think you need to submit a map of your land and fill out a form.

almostsmallholder.fs

• Joined Sep 2017
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 07:25:56 am »
Thanks to you all!!

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:01:54 am »
You will also need to select a large animal veterinary practice.  I suggest getting hold of Tim Tyne's sheep book for smallholders.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS