Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: DIY Stock Divider for Ifor P6e / P7e / P8e trailers  (Read 2694 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
DIY Stock Divider for Ifor P6e / P7e / P8e trailers
« on: August 19, 2017, 03:31:32 pm »
Hi Folks,

I just thought I'd post a couple of pics of the DIY livestock divider that I just made for our wee trailer. We have three girls and one boy going to the abbatoir next week, and I didn't want them er, banging about  in the trailer on the way there  :innocent: . It should also come in handy for taking mixed sexes to shows.

The big disadvantage that I can see is that it splits the internal space into 1/3 and 2/3, since that's how the attachment points in the trailer are arranged, and 1/3 of 7'x4' really isn't much space! However, it would be ok for a single animal and for short distances.

Still, I hope this is helpful to somebody. BTW, the spring loaded bolt was from Screwfix, product code 9449J.

:thumbsup:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: DIY Stock Divider for Ifor P6e / P7e / P8e trailers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:45:19 pm »
Excellent job , but I surprised the trailer hasn't got the 2 sets of locating rails on the floor for the divider to slot into, ours has fitted from new.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 06:32:44 pm »
As I understand it, the livestock version of this trailer is basically the standard tray-unit but with a canopy slapped on top and a long ramp. Ours came with 1" wide hardwood laths to give the sheep grip, but we had to remove them so we could slide / wheel other things around inside (the sheep don't seem to mind). It definitely didn't have any locating rails or similar.

Maybe we should have bought a 'proper' sheep trailer to begin with, but this one has now done several thousand miles of carting all sorts of things, and only occasionally sheep!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:45:49 am »
Well, I think that worked not too badly.

We have the 7ft trailer, and divided 2/3 and 1/3, there was ample room for three big Zwartbles ewes up front (maybe four at a push) plus a hogg in the rear section who could just turn round with difficulty.

I wouldn't like to use this setup for a long journey (there's no way to get into the front section without opening up the rear for one thing) but for a 25 minute trip to the abattoir, it was good enough IMHO :thumbsup: .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS